810P 2nd GIG.

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

headpower

810P 2nd GIG.

Post by headpower »

I happened to get a hold of the 810P 2nd GIG, and man it looks so amazing, i was comparing the graphics side by side on both of my HDTV, man the 810P 2nd GIG puts my 2nd GIG DVD collection in shame. Cant wait until they release all the GITS in blu ray/hd in 1080P.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Headpower, what exactly is the 810P 2nd Gig?
headpower

Post by headpower »

Ok is liek this, u know normal dvd is 480p meaning the resolution is 680x480. And the high def (blu ray/hddvd) comes in 720p, and 1080p. I downloaded this 810p raw, which is kinda weird, because most high def comes in 720p and 1080p. This 810p hdtvripis very high quality, and Production IG made a special Opening for this high def broadcast, it uses the song Silent in the forest, and the opening is very good, i like it better than the normal one we seen. 810p is someting like 1024x810, and 1080p is like 1920x1080. I am really looking forward to see GItS in Blu ray/hd dvd because it is going to be so much better. BTW i was using my upconvert dvd player to compare the quality, and the raw i downloaded jsut straight up owned the upconverted dvds. my upconvert dvd player can upconvert 480 p to 1080i but upconvert is not really high def, it uses a bunch of algorithm to stimulate high resolution.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

There is no such standard as 810p. Either it's a very odd downgrade from 1080i, or 1080p or you're misunderstanding something.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
H-street

Post by H-street »

i'd be interested inseeing the comparison, i'm just having a hard time grasping how anime can look that much better @ 1080 vs 480..

the only craptastic thing is, if they do release a HD version (hopefully HDTV, not that blueray crap) i'd have to purchase the whole thing over again..
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

H-street wrote: the only craptastic thing is, if they do release a HD version (hopefully HDTV, not that blueray crap) i'd have to purchase the whole thing over again..

HDTV is the universal term for HD-content shown on TV. The actual difference between HD-DVD and BlueRay is negliable - the use the same content protection system and the only meaningful difference to the consumer is that BlueRay has a little higher capacity and you can't see one standard with player of another standard.

Eventually some company will make a player that shows both standards and that ends the format problems. It may take a year or even two but it'll happen.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The only Ghost in the Shell film that I know of that is coming out in HD is Ghost in the Shell Innocence in Blu-ray format for region A, which includes North America, South America and East Asia.

The only thing is that it is in Japanese with English subtitles, no English dub.

Click on http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc ... s/5787.php to see the cover art for it and what special features will come with it