Moderator: sonic

csulu

SAC is over :( , what to watch next

Post by csulu »

anybody know of any good stuff?
"Here at section 9 we are good at both inteligence and knocking heads"
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I can tell u a couple. If you liked Full Metal Panic, FMP2 TSR is being released. And there's an ongoing anime named Jigoku Shoujo. I only watched 2 eps but it has an original concept and attracted me very much. I believe you already watched the animes in the Anime Classics topic.
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I'm still waving the banner for samurai champloo and samurai7 :)
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

You should 1definetely" watch Samurai Champloo. How did I forgot to mention that! :D It's the best I've seen this year. You know it's directed by Shinichiro Watanabe who directed Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne. So, it sure is fun and certainly worth watching.
Spica

Post by Spica »

So has Cartoon Network shown all of 2nd GIG, because I know that only the first eight episodes have been released on DVD?
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Spica wrote:So has Cartoon Network shown all of 2nd GIG, because I know that only the first eight episodes have been released on DVD?
There are subbed versions with all the episodes (region free). I think their bootlegs, but I'm not acusing csulu of anything. There are legal ways to have seen the complete 2nd gig by now (like the Japanese DVDs).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ghost-in-the-Shell- ... dZViewItem
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

MiNaeClem wrote:You should 1definetely" watch Samurai Champloo. How did I forgot to mention that! :D It's the best I've seen this year. You know it's directed by Shinichiro Watanabe who directed Cowboy Bebop and Escaflowne. So, it sure is fun and certainly worth watching.
I'm sure Watanabe did not direct Escaflowne. Kazuki Akane did (shoji kawamori did the screenplay)
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I know this is not in the SAC section, but Adult Swim is still showing SAC 2nd Gig episodes, the second episode of SAC 2nd Gig was shown on Adult Swim last Sunday morning at 12:30 am.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I'm sure Watanabe did not direct Escaflowne. Kazuki Akane did (shoji kawamori did the screenplay)
You're so very right. I certainly was confused. :roll:
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

I am catching Samurai 7 now and the first DVD was great. The 2nd one, I thought was poor and the animation quality dropped I think. I have also been catching Burst Angel which has fantastic animation but I am waiting for it to have a point. :)

I am watching Champloo and I love it. I still rain praise for Texhnolyze which is underappreciated. Last Exile, despite its hype, is actually very entertaining.

I just wished some of these Anime has something that resembled a happy ending. :)
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I just wished some of these Anime has something that resembled a happy ending.
Sad endings are memorable and stick with you. Meaning it has an impact and you appriciate it more.

That what I've always thought.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Sad endings surely leaves a strong impression on people but I like the happy endings with some losses more.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I like animes with sad endings because, in the US, most TV shows have a (at least somewhat) happy ending (or get canceled because they are getting bad ratings). I did however like the ending of Star Trek: The Next Generation, it had an intelligence rarely seen on American TV. It's nice to have some variety though.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

TNG's ending was good...better than their first movie...better than the last movie. DS9 had a good ending to...Enterprise...Voyager, both sucked.
Good endings...

Some Animes have dowbeat endings because it fits. Others are down for no other reason.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
csulu

Post by csulu »

And some endings in anime really sucks.
The ending in anime that i will remember the most must the the cowboy bebop ending.
Just the music and the setting , it's just to good.
"Here at section 9 we are good at both inteligence and knocking heads"