2nd Gig episode - Nuclear Power

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

2nd Gig episode - Nuclear Power

Post by Motoko2030 »

What did everyone think of the episode that aired on Saturday nght/Sunday morning on Adult Swim?

I found it to be an excellent episode with a lot more action scenes in it, the story is be unfolded and Gouda's plans for Dejima and the refugees are being revealed.

The scene of the helicopter with Section 9 members in when the tail hits the building is from the first Matrix movie.

The scene of Kuze using a stinger missile launcher to shoot down the plane, is very similar to the Solid Snake character using it in the Metal Gear Solid games.

I like the scenes of Proto in this episode and we find out that he is a bio-android or a bioroid (bioroid is from another one of Masamune Shirow's works, Appleseed)
Elmo

Re: 2nd Gig episode - Nuclear Power

Post by Elmo »

Motoko2030 wrote: The scene of the helicopter with Section 9 members in when the tail hits the building is from the first Matrix movie.

The scene of Kuze using a stinger missile launcher to shoot down the plane, is very similar to the Solid Snake character using it in the Metal Gear Solid games.
lol, i thought the bit with the helicopter is exactly like a scene in cobra comand :) and the stinger missile bit reminded me of an episode of knight rider; clearly I am retroer than thou :P

helicopters of the near future are apparently more stable than modern ones.. It does a lot of things that'd total a RL chopper, nice animation though.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
douyang

Post by douyang »

This one was pretty cool, they ratcheted up the action this time and everything is starting to fall into place.

Though I wonder what the real reasons the American empire has for nuking Dejima, and how the acceleration of the security treaty would benefit them. Something tells me they wouldn't do something this extreme just for money.

So both Batou and the other section 9 members as well as the special ops team hunting them have thermoptic camo. How can they hope to find eachother, and how can one group best the other?

I wonder if the major can take Kuze by herself, and if she has some kind of plan in store or is just running with whatever situation she finds herself in. I expected her and the rest of section to use more powerful armor piercing munitions in order to take down Kuze, given how little effect their standard armament seems to affect him. The normal guns certainly did Batou a lot of good.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

It is possible that Gouda wants the American Empire nuclear submarine to fire a nuclear missile at Dejima to make it look like that the refugees commited suicide by denoating the nuclear bomb that they are supposed to have.

If the Section 4 members are cloaked then it could be possible for Batou and the rest to tap into Section 4's comm systems then it is possible for Batou to track the movements of the members of Section 4.
douyang

Post by douyang »

Why could batou tap into their comms if they're cloaked?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

My theory is that the Section 4 members are using encrypted transmissions through their cyber comms to commmunicate to each other, so if that encryption could be cracked then Batou could pinpoint all of their locations.
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

I hope they can repair Proto--what will I do for my bishonen fix without him? :cry:
And if we have bioroids, can the Puma sisters be far behind...
I'm a little confused about the plane that Kuze and co. shot down--was Gohda supposed to be on it, or did they just send it out there unmanned to jam communications?
So both Batou and the other section 9 members as well as the special ops team hunting them have thermoptic camo. How can they hope to find each other, and how can one group best the other?
The Section 4 team actually voted not to use their camo because they were concerned that they might accidently shoot each other. Our heroes apparently aren't worried about this (did they overhear that Section 4 wasn't going to use camo?).
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote:if that encryption could be cracked then Batou could pinpoint all of their locations.

More importantly, he could actually hear, what they are planning.
miki-chan wrote: I'm a little confused about the plane that Kuze and co. shot down--was Gohda supposed to be on it, or did they just send it out there unmanned to jam communications?

Gouda is in his office, as usual. He doesn't go into scenes like that. The place was the "BP3C" that Gouda mentioned earlier. It's purpose was to jam Dejima's signals and make it impossible for Kuze to control the situation. There most likely was a pilot in that plane, since it actually had windows and all, but he's not important to the plot. The
miki-chan wrote:Our heroes apparently aren't worried about this (did they overhear that Section 4 wasn't going to use camo?).

They might have, but I assume that the primary reason is, that they're defensive - they are all retreating in the same direction and everyone knows whose coming last, so there should be no chance for friendly fire. The Section 4, on the other hand is offensive and they need to know each other's locations at all times.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

In order for Batou to hear what the members of Section 4 were saying via their cyber comms, he would have to decrypt the cyber comm transmission.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote:In order for Batou to hear what the members of Section 4 were saying via their cyber comms, he would have to decrypt the cyber comm transmission.

Which is what he is about to do.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!