Anime Classics

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

whoa! Hey Alphonse, I know you like writing those long posts, so go ahead, please explain to me what I must have missed in Kai Doh Maru, because I am sorry, but I really can't see anything compelling about it and I am sure there is something, there has to be something... I think it was even well reviewed.
Last edited by simon's ghost on Sat May 06, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh well.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Nice list, Simon!

I never heard of that film you two are talking about though... :oops:
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

well, i'm sure many of you have heard of Robotech, and whether you like it or not (because of the nature of it's existence) there has been a 90 min. sequel that been completed--The Shadow Chronicles is all new animation utilizing 2D anime and CG sequences. it will be direct to DVD once Harmony Gold finds a distributor.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Robotech was created from hashed up footage and storyline of Macross (listed). Rick Hunter is called Hikaru Ichijo in Macross, and Lisa Hayes is Misa Hayase. Minmei keeps the same name for both, but she sings beautifully in Macross thanks to voice actress Mari Iijima. Definately see Macross if you only know Robotech. I was lucky and both new of and saw Macross first (well, kind of; I bought the film "Do You Remember Love" and a tape of the first three episodes of Robotech right around the same time to begin with). Therefore I am uncorrupted by such things as an "annoying" Minmei...
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Sylphisonic wrote:Robotech was created from hashed up footage and storyline of Macross (listed). Rick Hunter is called Hikaru Ichijo in Macross, and Lisa Hayes is Misa Hayase. Minmei keeps the same name for both, but she sings beautifully in Macross thanks to voice actress Mari Iijima. Definately see Macross if you only know Robotech. I was lucky and both new of and saw Macross first (well, kind of; I bought the film "Do You Remember Love" and a tape of the first three episodes of Robotech right around the same time to begin with). Therefore I am uncorrupted by such things as an "annoying" Minmei...
yeah, that's what i meant by it being contoversial, since robotech combined macross, super dimension southern cross and genesis climber mospeada into a single storyline...however, robotech served as many-a-gen-xer's intro to anime..... if i'm not mistaken ADV is releasing a new english dub of the original macross series with mari iijima restarring the role.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Hey Al! I don't mean to be putting pressure, but you really made me curious about what you enjoyed in Kai Doh Maru...
Oh well.
AlphonseVanWorden

Post by AlphonseVanWorden »

simon's ghost wrote:Hey Al! I don't mean to be putting pressure, but you really made me curious about what you enjoyed in Kai Doh Maru...
Heh, sorry. Just noticed your post. I wasn't "at" the Forum for a few days. (That's going to happen more and more as summer looms... :shock: :cry: )

Short answer is, I liked the color scheme, I thought it was an interesting take on the whole tragic period love story thing, and I liked the way it played with gender.

Long answer will come sometime next week...

I wasn't ignoring you. 8)
Last edited by AlphonseVanWorden on Sat May 13, 2006 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Such is the soul in the body: this world is like her little turf of grass, and the heaven o'er our heads, like her looking-glass, only gives us a miserable knowledge of the small compass of our prison. - Bosola, in John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

GhostLine wrote:well, i'm sure many of you have heard of Robotech, and whether you like it or not (because of the nature of it's existence) there has been a 90 min. sequel that been completed--The Shadow Chronicles is all new animation utilizing 2D anime and CG sequences. it will be direct to DVD once Harmony Gold finds a distributor.

update: FUNimation (distributor of Fullmetal Alchemist) will distribute Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Animation has been done by DR Movie!! Talks of possible theatrical release, but personally i doubt that.
Area88

Post by Area88 »

My favourite anime (using cover art) :

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Is there an original Appleseed?!

I've only seen the newer, CG version. Would that be a remake?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:Is there an original Appleseed?!

I've only seen the newer, CG version. Would that be a remake?
Yep. There is an original Appleseed. It's very Shirow-esque which means I like it. :) My Blockbuster had it, so you might be able to find it in your local video store.