The real reason Motoko's eyes are that color?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

miki-chan

The real reason Motoko's eyes are that color?

Post by miki-chan »

"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

The glasses actually remind me more of Cyclops in the X-men movies than Motoko, but that's really neat. ^^
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

I use Opera, so all I got to see was a black screen with the top menu. :(
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

They're tinted contant lenses, that are supposed to protect eyes from the sun and to improve one's sight in different kinds of sports. Well, it's feasible, but I doubt that Motoko's character designers taught of these things while drawing her eyes.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

I use Opera, so all I got to see was a black screen with the top menu. Sad
I'd post a copy of the magazine article I originally saw the lenses in, Gillsing, but I haven't the foggiest notion how to attach images to my forum postings. I'm so computer illiterate!! (collapses weeping onto keyboard)
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

No worries, I can imagine what red contact lenses look like. ;)

As for attaching images, I think that you may have to put them up on a webspace and link to them. Though I have seen image links which have looked kind of like attachments on other forums, so maybe it's possible.
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
RPManny

Motoko's eye color v. NikeVision

Post by RPManny »

Hello Folks,

It's been quite a while since I have visited these forums, so I was surprised and pleased to find them active. I decided to post because I felt that that could through in my two cents from a personal perspective (for the record, 2 cents and a Starbucks gift card will get you a triple-vente capuccino with 2 raw sugars--made dry, but not afford you the tip).

Since the 3rd grade, I've worn glasses and I have experimented with different tinted lenses through my life. I have tried graded-grays, brown, red, orange-brown, and dark gray. I have also tried clip-ons -- yeech!!! The orange-browns and browns are great for working outside with trees, and plants. Try a pair of orange sunglasses at a football or baseball game. The green of the field stands out and helps you to isolate players. However, this color is worthless (IMHO) on a body of water, especially one dyed brown by tannic acid. Here, gray-shaded lenses with polarization work best.

I suppose, that if one were to be in the line of work of Kusanagi, adjustable light filtration would be the best way to go when considering visual input. It wouldn't matter the color of your iris's, they could be any color that your stylistic sense dictated.

Best regards,
RPM
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

I think she just likes the way they look w/ her purple hair :D

Those contacts are cool though. An x of mine bought those blue blocker glasses. They were kinda cool, but as an artist, it bugged me not seeing real color, (well my subjective version of color.)
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Because purple hair and pinkish-red eyes are a winning combination that have been used for ages in anime/manga. Because they had to nick purpl as one of the coolest hair colours and give it to Motoko, thus thinning the pool of character design that bit more for all who follow and create things along fairly "cyber" lines. Aspiring creators everywhere are going, "But I wanted to do a purple-haired cyber heroine! It isn't fair..." And the eyes? They're my personal heartache... The character who I've kept in my heart since I created her at the age of 15 has surreal pink eyes. I'm not changing them, either. If I ever get her famous they can live with it. :lol: