oh.my.god *2nd gig Trans Parent spoilers...perhaps*

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

AlphonseVanWorden

Post by AlphonseVanWorden »

Yep. What the last two posters said.
Such is the soul in the body: this world is like her little turf of grass, and the heaven o'er our heads, like her looking-glass, only gives us a miserable knowledge of the small compass of our prison. - Bosola, in John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Wow, you all were nicer than I expected.

I of course see your point about her being tough because she has to, and therefore I am not exactly sure why she bugs me at times.

Batou doesnt get mad because he is military guy, so he just sucks it up, and figures as you guys point out, its for his own good.

I think it is probably a personal thing. Which is why I am never going to be in any sort of military if I can help it. I don't take orders well. Requests, sure, orders piss me off. Which is fine, because Im not saving the world and rarely have anyone shooting at me.

Here is one thing though that maybe is somewhat more legitimate than she just bugs me...

Sometimes when you cut off the emotional part of your nature, you miss,
... I dont know if it would be "the biger picture" or the "intuitve" side of life..
Cold hard quick decisions sometimes cut off the good with the bad.
Going back to the Tachicoma thing.
If she had succeeded in getting them completely deprogramed and dismantled, Batou would be dead, and maybe her too...

Even if this wouldn't have been the result, due to Aramaki's intervention a new life form of AI would not have been discovered. (It didn't seem like Aramaki could have stoped them killing Batou though.)

It seems that they could have been disarmed, relocated in less threatening bodies, and alowed to continue in a information service capacity.

Maybe that is what was happening with the 2 outsourced Tachi's. (the 3 one was just about to be dismantaled i believe.) I dont think so though, i think it was more of just oversite or a scratch and dent government sale or something that they were left "alive".

Like I said with the last episode. I didnt see her exact speech so I was mainly reacting to the tone of the end of it. But would anyone have even found the guy if Batou hadnt folowed his unprofessional curiousity?

I dont know,

I do know I would make a horrid public safety agent :P
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama