2nd GIG Episode 8 "Fake Food"

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

douyang

2nd GIG Episode 8 "Fake Food"

Post by douyang »

Was Kawashima in Episode 8 of the 2nd GIG the terrorist responsible for the Nanyou news agency shooting or not? It is implied that he is by his remarks that Japan can't handle the refugees but Batou realizes that both they and section 1 have have been fooled at the end, since he wasn't the Taiwanese terrorist they thought he was. Was the Nanyou reporter footage of Kawashima fake information created by Gouda as well?

Why did Gouda trick both them and section 1 to begin with? Was it just to get them to kill off one of his virus infected puppets so as to eliminate evidence that could lead back to him? Or, if Kawashima was actually innocent and the Nanyou footage of him at the crime scene misinformation, was Gouda's goal to get section 9 in trouble by involving them in the shooting of an innocent man, thereby prompting punishment and investigation of the unit and restricting their ability to go after him?
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

In "Selecon," Ishikawa (or perhaps it was the Major, I forget which) stated that Kawashima was in fact found to be infected by the Individual Eleven virus. I think Gohda and company spread false intel to Section One so that they'd whack Kawashima before our heroes could interrogate him.
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Kawashima was a real member of the Eleven and was responsible of everything Section 9 believed he was. Section 1 had false intel fed by the Cabinet Intelligence Service, that a foreign terrorist called Wong Chu Ren had stolen Kawashima's face and they had elimination orders on him. So when Kawashima appeared in his workplace, the Section 1 people took him out, assuming him to be Wong Chu Ren.

Didn't the dialogue of the episode make all this rather obvious?

Also, I believe that the primary reason for CIS to kill Kawashima was to provoke the Section 9 even further. After all, their investigation plays it's own role in Gouda's scenario.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!