Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children US release

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children US release

Post by Motoko2030 »

The UMD and DVD of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children are going to be released on April 26th (a day after the European release), the features on the 2 Disc set are

Story digest
Deleted scenes
A “making of” featurette
Footage from the debut at the 2004 Venice Film Festival.
Glimpses of the other upcoming games based in the FFVII universe

Retail price of $26.96 and it is rated PG-13.

Two of the English Dubbed actors from Stand Alone Complex lend their voices in Advent Children, they are

Crispin Freeman who played Togusa will play a character called Rude
David Wittenberg who played Saito will play a character called Yazoo
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Woot! Its about time too, I was so freaking exsited when I heard. However that fact that Togusa's and Saito's voice actors made it in is news to me!

But Togusa as a black man, and Saito as one of the crazy silver haird men? I've seen the movie, and find it hard for the voices to fit. But I remain optimistic.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I just watched it tonight and though it is incredibly impressive, I sort of wished it had a plot... I still might pick it up though, it was a lot of fun watching.
Oh well.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

simon's ghost wrote:I just watched it tonight and though it is incredibly impressive, I sort of wished it had a plot... I still might pick it up though, it was a lot of fun watching.
Yes, I was also dissappointed with the plot. But hell, it was a great deal of fun to watch; even if the battle scenes where too impossible for my taste. Just seeing my beloved Final Fantasy VII characters in CG is enough for me.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:
simon's ghost wrote:I just watched it tonight and though it is incredibly impressive, I sort of wished it had a plot... I still might pick it up though, it was a lot of fun watching.
Yes, I was also dissappointed with the plot. But hell, it was a great deal of fun to watch; even if the battle scenes where too impossible for my taste. Just seeing my beloved Final Fantasy VII characters in CG is enough for me.
I think that was what they were counting on. ^_^ (I don't plan on buying it seeing as I have about 80 million other games to play (including Myst 4) and FF7 ain't one of them)
Spica

Post by Spica »

I liked how Rude's cell phone ring tone was the classic Final Fantasy victory music.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Hideo Kuze

Post by Hideo Kuze »

I had AC reserved in August, and the continuous delays are driving me absolutely mad.

I have heard speculation of yet ANOTHER delay.

I loved AC and I really want to get it........but my loyalty to this issue is becoming very very strained.
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

However that fact that Togusa's and Saito's voice actors made it in is news to me!
I don't know about Dean Wittenberg, but Crispin Freeman has been in a lot of anime productions: Howl's Moving Castle, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo...
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

miki-chan wrote:
However that fact that Togusa's and Saito's voice actors made it in is news to me!
I don't know about Dean Wittenberg, but Crispin Freeman has been in a lot of anime productions: Howl's Moving Castle, Wolf's Rain, Samurai Champloo...

Yesh Crispin Freeman is like the crown prince of anime... He's also the uberdork of anime too, but I still love him.

Dean? Do you mean Dave Wittenberg? Cause he's been in things like Digimon and also Samurai Champloo among other things.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

:) I found the movie extremely entertaining. I'm looking forward to the DVD! The extras also sound very nifty!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

Dean? Do you mean Dave Wittenberg?
(googles Dave Wittenberg and finds lengthy entry on him at Anime News Network) Yeah, I guess I do mean Dave. Don't ask me who this Dean person is. :oops:
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Square Enix and Sony are sponsoring a free screening of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children at 7 p.m. on April 3 at the Cinerama Dome in Los Angeles. Key production staff and cast are scheduled to appear after the screening.

Got this from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

big screen

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

I would LOVE to see that on the big screen.
I just watched the fan sub, and was blown away.

It had a plot, sort of. You know with saving orphans, and the redemtion of Cloud, and the mystical workings of Aereith... Yeh ok, not much of one.

They needed time for all those fight scenes!

My favorite part was when everyone showed up to fight the big monster. I forgot his name, was it Bahomet? It was fun seeing everyone together, it was like running into old friends again.

Why was Cait Sith riding with Red VIII? What happened to the bouncy white thing?

Whatever, It was all cool.

(pst, I think it was one of the Kadaj brothers that had the fight sceen music cell phone, not Rude. Sorry)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yeah, I was a bit dissappointed by the lack of plot. But I'm glad it didn't really interfere with the original game- that was the sensible way to do it. I loved seeing Barret (he looks great now!), Red and Yuffie (excellent redesign- I like this slightly older-feeling Yuffie and I definately want to see her back... And she was never even very high up on my list originally) burst onto the scene later on. I found myself actually thinking that Cid -who I really disliked in the game- was cool! And beautiful Aeris made my day, even if we only got a brief true appearance from her. The beautiful character animation when you really get to see their faces or see them walking normally are what make the film worth seeing to me. I thought that a lot of the action scenes were not so well put together though- you could really see where they were saving money. The camera was so choppy and fast (cut/cut/cut/cut all under 1 second at times), and when the characters flew across the screen at each other to fight they often resembled ragdolls or stiff figures being dragged across the screen by a computer mouse. But if that was the sacrifice for the really beautiful close and natural shots, then I think it was okay. But the Rude and Reno scenes were really quite fun :)

If they did do an FF7 remake or a game sequel focusing on the supporting cast (which they were doing with Dirge of Cerberus) I would actually enjoy seeing these new character designs in it. An tale of the exciting adventures of the new Yuffie, Barret, Red and Cid crew would be right up my street...

Now... Who wants them to hurry up and make cool Playarts action figures of the rest of the new-look cast?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I got the DVD last Tuesday and it is amazing; the visuals are better than Spirits Within, the music is outstanding (just what you would expect from the Final Fantasy franchise), it stay true to the Final Fantasy games and it is a sequel to the best Final Fantasy game ever, Final Fantasy VII.

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core is an rpg coming out on the PSP with anime style cutscenes.

Has anyone checked out the 25 minute Final Fantasy VII anime called Last Order, if you have, how is it?