Dose innocanse realy have any thing to do with, GITS

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

ghost

Dose innocanse realy have any thing to do with, GITS

Post by ghost »

did innocanse realy have any thing to do with the first movie:
The first movie started a theme that has become one of those cult classics
. However the more inportant thing is, whether the second movie realy
had anything to do with the first? In the first movie the story took us to a new place with it's,
detialed rendering of a completely new world, where technologie is so addvanced that humans
no longer need there fragile bodys to survive, and the ability to communicate with one another
instantly has maid it possible( for the select few) to live a totaly new way of life. We start are jornie through this
new world, with major kosanagi, a member of the antie tariorist police
force section 9, at the end of the movie the major has melded with the first sentiont being to ever come into
existance, she then disapears into the net to learn, and reproduse. Leavin so many unanswered questions,
what happend to the "magor"?, what happend to the "puppet master"?,
what did the major do with her new found freedom? After so mutch has gone on what dose the next movie have in it?!
A hole lot of Batou! Don't get me wroung I like Batou, but I wanted to know more about the major, not some new dall
thing. I know, it was suposed to be a possible sentiont being insodent, but that dosen't mean it can replace the major and her
new abilitys.Yes we got to see here in action when she took out the A.I. of that ship, but that wasn't enough to cover what
she has become, and done in the time between the movies.
The point I'm trying to make, is this, why would you have sutch a good story line, to exsspand on in so
many way,and then, just change it to something completly different.
RealFact#9

Post by RealFact#9 »

From what I got from the movie, it went the opposite way which is why they can be related. Change and evolving was a big theme in the first movie. And in the end it was all brought together when the Major and the Puppetmaster merge together, performing some type of new intercourse I guess you can call it. And what does she say at the end? Something like, "And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite." So we see here a creating of a new. An evolving.

In Innocence, we see the exact opposite. They even talk about it in the plane ride about how "humans are creating themselves". That's what the point of the dolls and Batou's dog was. We are no longer creating new things and changing but reinventing the wheel. We're just creating copies of what we see in the mirror. But as we know, that is not how humans have surived this long.