2nd GIG Episode: To those without even a name; SELECON

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

douyang wrote:
Lightice wrote:
Motoko2030 wrote:

Not directly, but the interviews of the staff do illuminate the state in which Japan is during the series and that helps understanding this discussion. Gouda's virtual persona speaks mostly of his own motivations and his relationship with the rest of the world. It gives his character quite a bit of depth, although I had to watch the conversation several times to understand most of it.
Where can I find these interviews?
On the Region one DVDs, which you may be able to buy at a local DVD store.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I have watched the interviews on the discs and I must have missed when they discussed about the scene between Gouda and Chroma.

Does anyone know what the Decatonchier is, it was featured in episode 9 - AMBIVALENCE? In this episode, Motoko says "So this is the Decantonchier that I have heard so much about"
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Jigabachi wrote:No that was a media debater who commited suicide in the end of episode. He showed up during the previous episode which he was debating with other debaters on the show about Particularist Eleven.
OOps ! Thx :P
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Lightice

Post by Lightice »

THYREN wrote: And are you sure about the fact that Aramaki doesn't have any external memory ?

Pretty much, yes. In the last episode of the first season he comments to the discussion between Major and the Laughing Man, that it was a conversation difficult to follow without an external memory device.
No that was a media debater who commited suicide in the end of episode. He showed up during the previous episode which he was debating with other debaters on the show about Particularist Eleven.
That's correct. Togusa says in both episodes he appears in, that he recognises him from somewhere. Does anyone know if he's referring to anything that took place during the series, by the way? I'm certain that they didn't meet during the 2nd Gig, but I'm not sure about the first season.
I have watched the interviews on the discs and I must have missed when they discussed about the scene between Gouda and Chroma.

I don't think they talk about it, directly, but they talk about the terminology used in the series, including the Shangri-La-metaphor.
Does anyone know what the Decatonchier is, it was featured in episode 9 - AMBIVALENCE? In this episode, Motoko says "So this is the Decantonchier that I have heard so much about"

Called "Decatoncale" is the Man-Machine Interface, it is the most powerful supercomputer in the world of GitS, owned by Poseidon Industrial. Three such machines exist in the known universe, according to MMI. Retaining close ties to his former employer, Gouda has apparently gotten the permission from Poseidon to use their computer for the benefit of CIS.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The Hecatonchier that is mentioned in the episode titled DECOY is another supercomputer that is stored in Sci-Tech Bureau. Are these supercomputers massive computer arrays that can filter enormous amounts of data in a very short time.

What is SPring 8 exactly, I know that it was mentioned in the TESTATION episode and it is a real life facility that is on the outskirts of Kobe, but what goes on in that facility?
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko2030 wrote:What is SPring 8 exactly, I know that it was mentioned in the TESTATION episode and it is a real life facility that is on the outskirts of Kobe, but what goes on in that facility?

Everything (except maybe how much its construction has cost) is explained here: http://www.spring8.or.jp/en
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?