Appleseed 2nd Movie?

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

MiNaeClem

Appleseed 2nd Movie?

Post by MiNaeClem »

Anyone heard of the 2nd Appleseed movie and the Appleseed Tv Series?
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

If you're not meaning the old OVA, then I haven't heard a word. Could you spare a link? If there's something new coming out, I'd love to know about it.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The only piece of information that I could find is here, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5836. This piece of news was posted on December 9th 2004.

This piece of news mentions two sequel Appleseed movies, an Appleseed tv series and a possible live action film.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

a possible live action film.
Eva, Appleseed....

Now wheres Ghost in the Shell?
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

There is also an Appleseed video game coming out for the Sony PlayStation 2 produced by SEGA.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:There is also an Appleseed video game coming out for the Sony PlayStation 2 produced by SEGA.
And Speaking of the Appleseed game, when is the bloody thing coming out? I have seen trailers, heard the news, read and re-read the articles, but still no mention of when. :?

M.M.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

According to the Sega Japanese Appleseed video game website, the game is being released in Japan sometime this year, so if it does make it over here then I would say that its US release will be late 2006 to 2007.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote: then I would say that its US release will be late 2006 to 2007.
In the dying years of PS2, I suppose. :P I guess all good things must go out with a bang, and what better?
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

By the way, was the new Appleseed film good? I did not get around to seeing it yet. I read something weird about it starting out with Deunan waking up to discover that her human partner Bri is now a cyborg (instead of one all along from the moment you meet them, like in the manga)!! What a strange take!
No no no... she's aware of that from the start. She just has a dream where it's revealed what actually happened to Bri.
Spica

Post by Spica »

By the way, was the new Appleseed film good? I did not get around to seeing it yet. I read something weird about it starting out with Deunan waking up to discover that her human partner Bri is now a cyborg (instead of one all along from the moment you meet them, like in the manga)!! What a strange take!
I didn't think the film was anywhere near as good as the manga (but the I'm biased because I love the manga), and it didn't follow the story that well.

I too thought it was wierd that they didn't choose to have Deunan and Bri together from the get go. Also, for the record, in the manga Bri was black before he was turned into a cyborg (I guess he still is now that he is a cyborg).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Spica wrote:
I didn't think the film was anywhere near as good as the manga (but the I'm biased because I love the manga), and it didn't follow the story that well.

I too thought it was wierd that they didn't choose to have Deunan and Bri together from the get go. Also, for the record, in the manga Bri was black before he was turned into a cyborg (I guess he still is now that he is a cyborg).
I guess it didn't follow the story well at all considering he's white in the movie (><)

I loved the movie for what it was: a lot of pretty eye candy. I'm also a huge bri/duenan fan and I thought it paid a lot of fanservice to that. As for being a great movie, I thought that the overwhelming focus on the CG overshadowed the plot. I liked it, but I didn't think it was that great.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Some English voice actors who we know from Ghost in the Shell lended their voices in Appleseed CG movie, they are

William Knight played William Frederick
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn played Melissa Williamson
Dave Wittenberg played David Lelyveld
Amanda Winn Lee played Deunan Knute (She played Kurutan in SAC)

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was also the ADR Director

On IGN.com, they have the Japanese release date of Appleseed for the PlayStation 2 set as December 31st 2006.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Motoko2030 wrote:Some English voice actors who we know from Ghost in the Shell lended their voices in Appleseed CG movie, they are

William Knight played William Frederick
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn played Melissa Williamson
Dave Wittenberg played David Lelyveld
Amanda Winn Lee played Deunan Knute (She played Kurutan in SAC)

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was also the ADR Director

On IGN.com, they have the Japanese release date of Appleseed for the PlayStation 2 set as December 31st 2006.
Er I think you've mixed up their other VA names with their characters.

Melissa Williamson/Mary Elizabeth McGlynn played Athena
David Lelyveld played... er what's the mechanic's name again? Yuri?
And Jamieson Price played Bri if anyone cares.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

You are right, I did get the VA names with their real names, I got the cast list off imdb.com and it didn't mention what roles they played.

The mechanics name is Yoshi.

In my opinion, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn did an excellent job as the ADR Director for this movie and she was the ADR Director on Devil May Cry 3 for the PlayStation 2 (if anyone is interested)

Something that I didn't know until I looked up the list of voices that she has done is that she played a character on Star Trek Voyager in an episode called Vis À Vis.