in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20th Anniversary of this Site!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I modernise the "In the Shell" site? (Tell me how in the discussion below!)
Yes! It's missing so much, and the look is so "old 2K".
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Partly--but leave the forums alone!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No! I love the old-school look/I never look at the site itself anyway.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Abandon the whole project. All discussions should take place in the presence of our Facebook overlords.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: 20th Anniversary of this Site! Reply with quote

This site is approaching its 20th anniversary--which seems amazing to me! I began this project back in 1999, when web design was a cantankerous beast at best and the main way to link your site to others was through web rings. It feels like most fan sites disappeared as social media conglomerates came to dominate online interactions, and I have to admit I haven't done much of anything with the site itself in ages--but it's still up there! And these boards remain alive, if at times only just ...

I'd love to update the site in a major way during the next year, just as a way of renewing my connection to GitS and as a thank-you to everyone who's come by over the last forever of time (well, in web years). This will include updating the site itself and adding new sections for bits I've missed. But what else? What would you like to see? Should I change the look of the forums as well?
the cat is out of the box
Freitag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not allowed on Facebook. I categorically vote against that option.

I think the forum archives provide a wealth of data that I mine whenever I send someone new to watch a video about GitS or drag them over to my place to read or watch GitS. So please don't lose that.

A newer PHPBB or other forum may make managing the site easier and avoid some of the script kiddy hacks of the older code.

I've helped out on a site or two and ran my own for a very short while. If you need a hand I'm available and I'm really good at database stuff.

I don't know which selection to vote though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: