Starship Troopers Anime Franchise (updated)

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Starship Troopers Anime Franchise (updated)

Post by GhostLine »

I , like many others, enjoyed the first film...but reviled the two sequels, Hero of the Federation & Marauder. So I am a little mixed about attempts to kick in a new animated project (anyone remember Roughneck?)...but this is directed by Shinji Aramaki...and i actually looks pretty cool. Already available and Blu-Ray and whatnot.

http://youtu.be/P3823VO9gG8
Last edited by GhostLine on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Casper van Dien as executive producer. He might be a little too tied up in the franchise?

It looks good, but like Matrix, I deny that sequels were ever made. If someone else says it's good, then I'm in, because conceptually a bug war is awesome story material!

But I think I can try out a new tagline...

--
Would you like to know more?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Just saw this CGI film via my favorite rent by mail service...and you know, it wasn't that bad! Certainly better than the two live-actions sequels by far! Lots of bug-killing action, cool tech weapons and mech, and of course the return of the "three friends" of Buenos Aires.

Story focuses on two Mobile Infantry units converging upon space installation Fort Casey, where a bug outbreak has gone beyond any control. Escaping to the battle cruiser Alesia, the MI are joined by Capt. Carmen Ibanez, under orders of General Johnny Rico...to retake her own runaway ship, the John A. Warden...that had just been previously commandeered by Minister of Paranomal Warfare, Carl Jenkins, for his arcane purposes. The MI face the worst of their fears as they do their job, espeically as they learn that the ship is under someone else's control. When the Jenkins makes a turn to threaten Earth, Rico steps in to save the day.

Fans of Aramaki's previous works shouldn't be disappointed...and I think you'll find that the story moves pretty well...and you get very little of the "camp" feel of the sequels. I DO want to know more.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Starship Troopers :Traitor of Mars

New CGI film by Shinji Aramaki with Casper Van Dien returning for vocals. Dina Meyer, also, is lending her voice for the return of Dizz. It will be in theaters for only one day...8/21/17
https://youtu.be/NUQ7MGCMNDw