in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Border 2: Ghost Whisper (SPOILERS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Arise - NEW GitS anime!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freitag

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Border 2: Ghost Whisper (SPOILERS) Reply with quote

Just watched this one.

I'm still digesting the new series on the top level, story, but I think I'm already seeing a theme. Where the SAC explored "what does it mean to be human" this seems to be exploring "what is the nature of reality?". In episode 1 the Major has had to deal with her own perceptions being distorted and her memories being falsified. And here in episode 2 she finds and cleans a memory virus in other people.

I guess ghost hacking is a lot more common in Arise than in SAC.

I'm sad about the change in Saito's origin story. He comes across as such a big wishy washy money grubbing douche in this version.

For a while I wondered if the blonde was actually the SAC Motoko and we were going to discover that the Arise Motoko was a shard of her personality living in a virtual world. But nope.[/i]
GhostLine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my least favorite episode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Arise - NEW GitS anime! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: