in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kodansha's Deluxe Editions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostLine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Kodansha's Deluxe Editions Reply with quote

It has just been announced at San Diego Comic-Con that Kodansha plans to release deluxe editions of GitS manga...including deluxe editions of 1.5 and 2. This is all in anticipation of the upcoming release of the live action film....
Freitag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what "deluxe editions" means. Glossy? Larger?

EDIT: I went and looked it up.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-23/kodansha-comics-to-release-deluxe-edition-of-ghost-in-the-shell-manga/.104616

Quote:
Kodansha Comics' new release will mark the first time that an English release of the series will feature right-to-left reading format, uncut with the original Japanese sound effects.

Sound effects in a manga. I wonder how that'll "sound"?
GhostLine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deluxe Editions will be available Feb 21st...which Amazon is taking pre-orders for. These apparently will be hardcover editions, reads right to left, and brand new content...with Shirow Masamune having overseen the project. Get all the volumes!! GitS, 1.5, and MMI.
knave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any information on the "new content"? I own the other Kodansha releases but I'm tempted by these.
Twitter: @krisknave
GhostLine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knave wrote:
Is there any information on the "new content"? I own the other Kodansha releases but I'm tempted by these.

22 new color pages. 53 new monochrome pages. 16 pages upgrade from mono to color.

Fans are griping about Kondansha's decision to keep the yacht scene out. Also some are noting poor paper quality.
Freitag

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostLine wrote:
knave wrote:

22 new color pages. 53 new monochrome pages. 16 pages upgrade from mono to color.

Fans are griping about Kondansha's decision to keep the yacht scene out. Also some are noting poor paper quality.

Paper quality is a thing, but the omitted yacht scene means I can share it with my nephews.
knave

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GhostLine wrote:
knave wrote:

Thank you for responding.

So 75 new pages? I'm not really bothered about newly coloured pages but new new pages, that's different. That's a lot of pages I've never read! I'm intrigued to where these pages have come from, how they've been slotted into the manga and who oversaw that process (because of it wasn't Shirow, then I'm not onboard really).

Damn, I almost wish you hadn't told me this! Lol! This week I've picked up the Alien Warrior from Hot Toys and just spent 170 on art supplies, I can't really do 75 on books I essentially already have with a good conscience! Lol #nerdproblems
Twitter: @krisknave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> The Manga All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: