Armored Trooper Votoms

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Kojima

Armored Trooper Votoms

Post by Kojima »

Has anyone seen Armored Trooper Votoms? it's a show that started way back in 1983 and it was supposed to be very good. It had a good track record, I guess.

Here's the story:

A century of bloodshed between warring star systems has plunged nearly 200 worlds into the flames of war. Now, an uneasy truce has settled across the Astragius Galaxy...
Chirico Cuvie, a special forces powered-armor pilot is suddenly transferred into a unit engaged in a secret and highly illegal mission to steal military secrets—from their own military! Now he's on the run...from his own army!

Unsure of his loyalties and to cover their own tracks, Chirico is left behind to die in space. Surviving by luck, the renegade is now hunted by both the conspirators and military intelligence. He is driven by the haunting image of a mysterious and beautiful woman—the objective of their mission, and his sole clue to unraveling their treacherous scheme. But the conspirators will do anything to preserve their mysterious agenda...

Has anybody seen it and if so, did you watch all of it or what was the initial impression of the series for you?
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Not seen it. Sounds interesting. Governments with secret agendas are trending these days too!

I went looking on Crunchyroll and FUNimation but found it on YouTube instead! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS5cPF2CGxI
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Yeah, It's very old, so maybe not much information is shown on it. I am surprised you found a dubbed episode 1 on Youtube, but I easily found its info on myanimelist.net and I got the first hit of info from Wikipedia. seemed legit on wiki and since then, I've been interested and it even has it's own, very nice I might add, RPG game that plays with the FUZION system, so that might be added to the Olduvai rpg station.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

That was a fun episode. I had seen adverts for it in old Japanese anime mags, but never had actually watched it.