in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost in the Shell Fan Film?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think a Fan Film would be cool?
Awesome!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Absolutely NOT!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Kojima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:20 pm    Post subject: Ghost in the Shell Fan Film? Reply with quote

I was wondering if it were at all possible to create a Ghost in the Shell Fan Film? I know it would be incredibly difficult since they're owned by a Production I.G. Especially since they're trying to make a live-action GITS movie. I won't make a Fan Film of GITS while the live-action version is still under production.

Simply, the Film would be for fans, not to make profit, but then I'd still be worried about Production I.G would blow me away cause the film might infringe on their copyright, but I bet I could do it without causing too much a scene. What do you guys think?
Freitag

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote awesome, but warn agonist studios that hate such things.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/paramount-says-star-trek-fan-903497
GhostLine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a fan film would be very cool.
I know there have been some fan-projects in the past...such as the 2501 photo project which recreated scenes from 1995 GitS http://www.gits2501.com/ , and that hadn't been shut down as far as I know.
Some Argentinians put together a fanfilm "Project Valkyrie" for Robotech (original Macross-hybrid edit), but they were given a cease and desist order to stop releasing episodes on YouTube when Paramount was planning to do a live film. Now that Sony is at the helm and is having James Wan direct (likely after Aquaman)...who knows?
I think fans will love it. I doubt Production I.G will raise a stink...more likely, it would be DreamWorks or Paramount who are co-producing. Paramount just doesn't like anyone touching their things, to quote Moulin Rouge: https://youtu.be/YLqXH95rye4
Kojima

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am glad you guys like the idea. Cool

I was having many thoughts about the concept and I thought it would be a cool attempt.
GhostLine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a big world of which we have only seen a sliver...so fan created material I think would be fun. In fact, during the release of ARISE, Production I.G encouraged a series of short films entitled "border.less" project that were supposed to be in the GitS universe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: