Ghost in the Shell and Cyberpunk 2020?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Kojima

Ghost in the Shell and Cyberpunk 2020?

Post by Kojima »

Hey, I know this sounds like a weird question, but I'm going to come out and ask if this is such a compatible thing. Would it be interesting if there was a crossover for ghost in the shell with elements of Cyberpunk 2020 the game in it? You know, like corporations from it would be in there and stuff. What do you guys think? :idea:
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I think a lot of it would focus on how well the GM could do the world building. GitS seems more about the storytelling style and the characters to me than the systems.

The combat is all pretty generic, but the barriers, mazes, and hacking are all pretty unique in GitS. I've not played the others enough to know if they have something akin to ghost hacking or ghost barriers. The autistic mode is easy, just turn off your peripherals.

That said, there is a discussion on reddit of how to do a GitS game and pretty much every RPG I've ever heard of is represented in there. https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/3 ... shell_rpg/

I just picked up a coupe of the Cypher System rulebooks in a trip to GenCon this year, so I might be looking into it myself.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Thanks... That does make more sense in a way.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." -- Lao Tzu.