Episode 7: Idolator

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Freitag

Episode 7: Idolator

Post by Freitag »

I am re-watching the series with a friend and we got past this episode the other day and it led to some interesting discussion and a question we couldn't figure out.

The real Jarti was dead, his body still in the Ghost dubbing machine. They claimed he'd died a long time ago, but he still looked pretty fresh. What gives?

So the duplicates - are they full cyborg with robot brains or are they clones with a few replacement parts? (The guy in the beginning and ending of the episode that identifies Jarti says that his walk shows that his legs are prosthetic below the knee - from which I infer they are organic above the knee)

If they are clones, then that means you can read/write organic brains as well as cyber brains (external memory).

---
Weird, the Wikipedia entry says Jarti is a drug trafficker and in the episode they pretty much said the opposite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gh ... x_episodes
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Ghostless

Post by Ghostless »

I'm re watching the serie too(I'm at 2nd gig now) coincidence :)

My understanding is that they could've copied Jarti's memory from his days when he was still alive then read it on the clone

And by fresh do you mean physically ? because with ghost dubbing, the personality of the copy starts to crumble after a while(which why I think a little girl was used instead in Innocence)

btw artificial doesn't necessarily means cybernetics in gits world( ie: therapeutic cloning)
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

By "fresh" I mean not stinking like a corpse.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.