Vampire Hunter D OEM

And manga ...

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Vampire Hunter D OEM

Post by GhostLine »

because of the sales success of the english translated prose novels released by Dark Horse, Digital Manga aquired the rights to produce a new manga series of Vampire HUnter D that will be publish in English first. Yoshitaki Amano,however, will not be the key artist.
marto_motoko

Re: Vampire Hunter D OEM

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote: Yoshitaki Amano,however, will not be the key artist.

:( And gee, my surprise is only surpassed by my blank expression...

:D Aside from that, it's great news! I can't wait to see it hit stores!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

This is a little belated, but I got this volume a couple months ago. Each volume that will be released covers an entire novel. Volume One was petty good. The character art by Saiko Takaki was awesome...but the rest seemed rushed and there was just too much story to cover in one volume. I'll still collect them all because I love D, but I hope they figure out a good pacing for future volumes.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I think it's probably due to the very expansive nature of D, and the difference in how it transitions into imagery. It's hard to get a lot of it out when you aren't given the freedom to use a few paragraphs for every scene just to give speeches on how things are.

Personally I thought her style was a nice parallel to Yoshitaka Amano's. There's a lot of personality in it, and she's good at capturing the rather raw feel of D. It was sophisticated, yet somewhat forceful with the sometimes avant-garde feel that she gives the females. D was done flawlessly! That image of him on the horse was just great in the beginning. His hair looked brilliant!

Also, the good about this is that the other books will finally be recognized in more than just how we imagined it. We've seen now three different ways to look at the Vampire Hunter D book, two ways to look at Demon Death Chase, and one for every over which was the books themselves. I'm kind of excited to see the Pilgrimage of the Sacred and Profane as a manga. And of course Tale of the Dead town will be mindblowing with all the pretty cryptic visuals and character situations that were in the book.

I'm a huge Vampire Hunter D fan, so I'm usually overly critical of things I like, but this, I have to say, has so far with even the pilot of the manga series for D, surpassed my expectations by a mile.

marto
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Yeah, gotta love D. I have all the english books, except the tenth and newest that just came out. I also have Coffin...the art book...and there is another vampire d art book out which i have to save money for. I have no clue when the next manga volume comes out.

The one thing i like the stories, and i know it's repetitive and whatnot, but with every new novel, I love how Kikuchi treats The Hand like a secret from the reader even though we know what that myterious voice is. Always a fun read.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:Yeah, gotta love D. I have all the english books, except the tenth and newest that just came out. I also have Coffin...the art book...and there is another vampire d art book out which i have to save money for. I have no clue when the next manga volume comes out.

The one thing i like the stories, and i know it's repetitive and whatnot, but with every new novel, I love how Kikuchi treats The Hand like a secret from the reader even though we know what that myterious voice is. Always a fun read.
Next Manga volume is in June. And the newest book IS the tenth one. :P
I have two VHD art books. The Coffin one, and this awesome, uber fat little one (little meaning, regular book size.)

mm
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

So quite a few issues later, I'm still stoked to see that the manga's been going on. :) The Tale of the Dead Town was so good! I can't wait to see her adaptation of Mysterious Journey to the North Sea (waaaays away), and Rose Princess.

This chick's got her handle on her D material. I'm very happy with how this manga series has churned up in personality.

Now, if only we can get another film....

mm