Other forums?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

stand-al0ne

Other forums?

Post by stand-al0ne »

Just wondering, are you a member of other online forums besides GiTS?

I happen to be on 5, but I'm active on only 2-3.

I also am a member of:

camaro5.com
srtforums.com
ls1gto.com
tamparacing.com

cheers!
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
cong06

Post by cong06 »

I used to be an active member of "http://forums.longestjourney.com/"
I think that forum has the closest similarity to the community here (except being a bit bigger).

Other then that most of my forums are support/computer stuff (linuxquestions.org, ubuntuforums.org).
I don't usually find time to visit forums for the sake of communicating on a more personal level much, though I'd like to find more time to do so.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Rien

Post by Rien »

I joined a Neon Genesis Evangelion forum called EvaGeeks not too long after I joined this one, but it's too hardcore there; there is hardly anything that I feel like I can post about. Then there is the attitude; many of them are intellectual, but there is a prententious vibe to it and an overall immaturity(turns out they've had a history of flame wars) compared to here. I didn't lurk there enough before I joined and now I regret it.

I only bothered joining because the remake(that I still haven't seen yet) brought back my interest in the series and I thought that the fanbase would have matured over the years. I guess that was too optimistic of me, maybe even naive.

Seems like this place will be my only forum afterall. I never thought I'd say this(and I had given up on it), but this is only forum where I feel like I belong. There are others where I could have fit in well too, but my past immaturity screwed that up. I've been tempted to go back under a different name, but I want, I need, a fresh new start.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

You're one of the few embers keeping this place alive. I just watched SSS again last night, so I felt compelled to come back to the forum today...as I always do when I rewatch the series...I guess I feel its the only continuation I can take in since there does not seem to be anything else that will happen to the series :cry:
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I have a shiny new blu-ray player. Where do I start?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.