in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Worst ever games!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylphisonic wrote:
Anyone got any games where they love the characters but don't think too much of the games, yet they buy them anyway?

Yep, the 'God of War' series. I see why some people like it, but it just seems like insanely easy combat sprinkled with timing-based button games and the story is all a bit predictable. But I'm a big fan of greek mythology and I love what they've done with Kratos and some of the other characters.
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should add the new 'alone in the dark' games to the list, please don't waste your money on them ppl. Razz

It's basically just a series of single-solution puzzles that have no consistent logic with any others throughout the game so that they can be virtually impossible the first time through, but on a second play through can be completed in seconds. This is all broken up by incredibly dull and repetitive scripted combat (especially in the PS2 version where a fight can take an age of shooting specific shifting weakspots revealed with the awkwardly controlled blink-feature, or can be bypassed completely with a cigarette lighter due to the game's stubborn insistence on fire killing everything almost instantly.)

The crafting system is a joke too, objects can be combined into a few useful items, but any perfectly logical combinations that the designers didn't think of won't work(e.g. you can combine a 'bandage' with 'whiskey bottle' to make a molotov cocktail, but somehow combining a 'whiskey bottle' with a 'bandage' is impossible.)

Storyline is missing, pressumed dead.
SamusTheHunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Call of Duty
Sorry, I like shooting games and first person shooter and all but it is given more credit than it deserves...It really isnt that amazing.

-Harry Potter
Love the books. Games arent as much fun..

-Guitar Hero
Love to play it. Love the song choices but it makes hipsters and people who cant play an instrument/think band kids are stupid a false sense of thinking they actually have talent even thogh they're just matching colors. I'm a guitar player; the game is nothing like the real thing...

-Tetris Worlds (Gamecube)
Considering I grew up playing Tetris Attack!, old school Tetris for Gameboy, and The New Tetris 64 (in my opinion the best one), I thought the whole "lets add a plot with cubes that need a new planet" was stupid. And the music wasn't that great....and they added like Sticky Tetris and Cascade..I didn't like it. AHH CHANNNGEE!!!!!!! lol

-Metroid Prime Hunters
Maybe not the WORST per se but it was pretty bad...graphics were nasty and chunky. All the music was a steal of everywhere else. Plot doesnt fit ANYWHERE in the timeline. Just makes very little sense in general.

-Metroid: Other M
..........I dont really hate it. I really love it. But its just.....so...baaad.... I mean...I think the concept of the plot and characters is a fantastic idea but...It wasn't put together well and the script wasn't very good either. Jessica Martin actually isn't bad for Samus' voice acting but I would have preferred Jennifer Hale since we're used to her voice. Other M is not the worst..I truly love it...I just wish it was put together a little better.
~I don't take shit from anyone. Don't forget that~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Video Games! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: