Togusa's Gun

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Freitag

Togusa's Gun

Post by Freitag »

eBay Link

Hmmm, URL no likey

Here is the raw version...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ghost-In-The-Shell- ... 1|294%3A50
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

That's fun! You can own a replica of the gun Togusa's not supposed to be using :)

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
catcher in the rye

Post by catcher in the rye »

Togusa uses a Mateba autorevolver. The Model 6 Unica is the closest working resemblance of the gun used in the series.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Mateba_model_6_Unica
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

interesting thats his one and only post...
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
John_234

Post by John_234 »

He doesn't actually use the Unica six, but a fictional variant. I think the M2006 in the Manga, M2007 in the movies and SAC. He also uses the M2006 in SSS. The difference is slight appearance changes, but also that the cylinder flips to the top in GitS, where the real one still flips to the side like a normal revolver.

They make a model now. I hella want it. http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/marushin-gho ... mited.html
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

Thats a cool find.

And I always loved the barrel opening from the top too! Esp when coupled with his round-holder (for lack of a better word) that allowed him to drop his rounds in with one swift movement.
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
John_234

Post by John_234 »

It's pretty different from a typical wheelgun. I'd imagine it'd be a bit jarring for a seasoned revolver shooter but it could also make it easier to load.

You're talking about a speedloader. It's a plastic drum that holds the rounds until you release them into the cylinder. Pretty universal as far as revolver shooting goes, been used in some form or another since WW2.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Aw man, it doesn't fire real bullets. It fires some kind of 8mm BB instead.

I know some folks that recently got their CCW license and have been toying with the idea myself (how do you conceal a weapon this big?) and carrying this would be pretty cool.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

Well, I like airsoft because you can shoot friends and *not* kill them :D

I personally use my airsoft 1911 to train for my real 1911, because I can go out with buddies, shoot around the house and generally do less dangerous stuff to keep my skills honed.

As for concealed carry, the big question is do you really need it, and would you put up with the annoyance of carrying a gun every day? Once you start packing a weapon, you have this huge burden of avoiding every fight you can, not packing the gun when you're going out for a drink, not leaving it around for children to find.

Past that, picking a gun is the *easy* part. You can ask specific questions about that and I can probably answer most of em.