A Whole New World

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

A Whole New World

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I haven't been very active lately on these Boards. I've been busy having surgery (well, luckily, most of the actual "busy" part was handled by professionals) to remove my gall bladder and been applying to graduate school in London.

And ... I've been accepted! And am starting in a few days at City University London. I'm studying for an MSc in Computer Games Technology (and doing my dissertation on AI ... and no, I don't aim to create SkyNet, as is inevitably the first question several of my friends have asked me ... just maybe Sharon Apple, or something GitS-esque ... just little projects like those :mrgreen: ).

Ironically, I should have slightly more time to hang out on the Boards, as I'll be cutting waaay back on the proofreading. I'm also starting a blog, if you're interested at all. It's at http://jgdesignworks.com/EngBlog.

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

You'll be multi-national all by yourself! I'm assuming, of course, the removed piece will be left on this side of the Atlantic. If you take it with you in a jar then all bets are off.

Congrats on the acceptance! (Can we crash at your pad when we visit UK? :D )
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

HA! Yeah, I left my gall bladder in the US (along with my appendix, if anyone's kept it somewhere), so I AM multinational :) Now to leverage that into some sort of zaibatsu ...

You'd have to ask my mum-in-law about staying here, as it's her house :)

First day of classes today! Games Architecture and C++, all day long!

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

Grats!!

I hope you'll enjoy the course!

I'll try you blog, may be you'll see me around but with a different pseudonyme :D