in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mirrors edge: GITS like

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H-street

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: mirrors edge: GITS like Reply with quote

Anyone else excited for Mirrors Edge? looking at the trailers the motion and the style of game reminds me a lot of Motoko and the way she combats..

you can see the site http://mirrorsedge.com/ lots of trailers and screenshots..

probalby would be a good game to mod into a GITS game.. or i was even thinking Crysis would lend it self to a Seciton9 type game (it already has a lot of the "cybor" functionality built in)..
Locke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rented Mirror's Edge and beat it along with the time trial stages. I thought it was fun and all, but unless you're a "completionist" I just couldn't justify paying $60 for it. Anyone else sympathize?

As for the combat, I'd say that Faith fights like the Major only in the sense that she fights effectively but with a bit of "jazz." For instance, I could watch those damn loading screens for hours. Laughing

Think about this:
A game with the parkour/melee combat mechanics of Mirror's Edge starring the Major, only with a MUCH better weapons system. Then again, I don't remember the Major ever needing something like parkour to get through an obstacle, with those crazy augmented thighs of hers and all, so I guess that's pointless. Ignore me. Hah.
simon's ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it pre-owned for under 20$ because I don't like renting. Besides I'm patient enough to wait for prices to drop.

Love that game. I just wish you could get out of 1st person sometimes and look at your runs with a cinematic camera with some kind of editing and saving features. I don't really feel it would translate well into the gits universe unless you played Kuze constatntly getting away from section 9 and its tachis!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Video Games! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: