Traditional right to left version of the first Manga?

Talk about the Ghost in the Shell manga here!

Moderator: sonic

LostInTime

Traditional right to left version of the first Manga?

Post by LostInTime »

Hi,

I recently discovered Ghost in the Shell and have enjoyed watching both the movies and the show.

Anyhow, I am trying to find an English translation of the first GITS Manga that retains the original right to left style used in Japan. Although amazon.com lists a few versions of the magna none of the listings tell me what the books orientation is. All I do know is that the later versions included previously censored "explicit" material. So my question is:
Is there an official English translation that reads right to left instead of left to right?

-LostInTime
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

welcome LostInTime!!

as far I know, Dark Horse comics has only released the Studio Proteus English translation which flipped it for western readers.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

it looks like i spoke too soon. here is a new bi-lingual edition...english with japanese in the margins...that you can get through j-list.com!

http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/MN697

"Crash and burn into the original hard hacker manga phenomenon Koukaku Kidoutai (Ghost in the Shell) by world-famous artist (and recluse) Masamune Shirow with an all-new and very accurate translation by renowned translator and Japan-guru Frederik L. Schodt. This manga is a fully bilingual publication sold only in Japan by Kodansha. Return to the original story, with the original translator Fredrick L. Schodt. 370 pages of English text and extensive footnotes, accompanied by the original Japanese, so you can study along, or simply marvel at the complexity of it all."
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Thank you!

I didn't even ask for this, but the answer happens to sound too tasty to pass by.

Ordering this right now. :3

mm

Ghostline, you're awesome!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?