in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vexille: Run and rent it

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H-street

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Vexille: Run and rent it Reply with quote

wow just saw this show, if you love GITS and Appleseed you're almost guaranteed to love this show..

great story..
GhostLine

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. must be from the same folks who did first CG Appleseed...back to cell shading and boom boom satellites. Did you see the plane they leaped out of? With the separating feather wings. They must have borrowed the model. Looks cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QYTQ6l52A
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my friend was telling me about it.

This one came out of nowhere, but it looks phenomenal. That giant sandworm peaks my interests quite so!

mm Gabu

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great, sounds great too, a little bit light on storyline and character development (prehaps because they were trying to make a US friendly film?).
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elmo_Redux wrote:
It looks great, sounds great too, a little bit light on storyline and character development (prehaps because they were trying to make a US friendly film?).

Are you sure about that? I just saw it, and I must say, it's story was far more superior to that of Appleseed, especially EX Machina. And while the characters were indeed rather on the underdeveloped end, the plot line was more than enticing, the movie proving to be far more creative and imaginative than Appleseed.

At least in my eyes.

(Gosh, the blasphemy I speak)

mm

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GhostLine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally bought it and watched it the other day. It was okay.... Kind of a shocker about what happened to Japan...did;t expect that in the storyline. Some things I didn't get, like the metal worm things...a little on the strange side. The SWORD uniforms kicked ass. I didn't like the design of their power suits however.... NIcely done!!
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this film has totally grown on me, got the dvd and watched it whole bunch of times - even if the characters are a little bit shallow, it's still got giant metal sand worms! Very Happy
Saito

Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange Giant Sand Worms? Sounds like the creator had been reading too much Frank Herbert to me Smile

Might check it out if I can find it in the UK...

In the Major we Trust...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I want to see this! I recently bought Sky Blue but haven't watched it yet either, that looks very good. Vexhille from what I've seen advertised reminded me of that, it looks pretty interesting.
GhostLine

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky Blue...that's what it was....! I saw an article about several years back in (the now defunct) Newtype USA and I never heard about it again. It is any good?

Speaking of Newtype, I miss the old Japanese import versions back in the day...thay always were full of goodies like manga books, calendars, other stuff..of course this is before dvd. Anyway....
Elvenefris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this movie thrice already. Some how the concepts seem to be so clearly distinct but are surprisingly quite similar. Brilliant movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: