The eyes...

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

stand-al0ne

The eyes...

Post by stand-al0ne »

One thing I wondered....

Both the Major and Batou are cyborg, thats a given...

so why does Batou have eyes (among others, granted) when they can have "normal" looking eyes while still being cyborg?

Is there a benefit or special features Batou's eyes offer while the Major's are normal 20/20??

And continuing along this path, Saito's eye prosthetic eye isn't even usable unless he is connect thru to the HawkEye system.

I imagine there is some point where you have to think its because the designers wanted some variation among the characters, but i'd also like to think there are relevant reasons within the world of GitS
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
marto_motoko

Re: The eyes...

Post by marto_motoko »

stand-al0ne wrote:One thing I wondered....

Both the Major and Batou are cyborg, thats a given...

so why does Batou have eyes (among others, granted) when they can have "normal" looking eyes while still being cyborg?

Is there a benefit or special features Batou's eyes offer while the Major's are normal 20/20??

And continuing along this path, Saito's eye prosthetic eye isn't even usable unless he is connect thru to the HawkEye system.

I imagine there is some point where you have to think its because the designers wanted some variation among the characters, but i'd also like to think there are relevant reasons within the world of GitS
Actually, Batou's eye has a multitude of functionalities like aims, identification device (displayed in Innocence when he was looking at the bodies in the alley-way), and he has a multitude of other uses for them.

Motoko's, while I'm sure are amped up too, lack those functions.

As for Saito's, he actually does have a cam in the center of the eye-patch.

:( I wish I had cyber eyes.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
tinkco86

Post by tinkco86 »

Batou used to be in Section 2 (I think) that was also called the "Rangers". They all have them. In SAC 2nd GIG second to last episode you see this. And yea, it does have its advantages.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Specially for watching girls - they can't tell that you are looking at them since these eyes don't turn in the socket!

:shock:
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Freitag wrote:Specially for watching girls - they can't tell that you are looking at them since these eyes don't turn in the socket!

:shock:

Well..... that's a different perspective. O_O Either way, I think eyes like that would be neat to have, however, Motoko's eyes are so much cooler since you have the ability to actually still have that beautiful gaze. :) I'd kill for those eyes.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

that was kinda my thought...if I had to get cyber eyes, I'd want them to look as if they were my own. Not that it wouldnt be cool to have extra features such as batou's...maybe I'm just getting too hung up on the ascetics...

But one thing I would love to have someone explain in as much depth as they want to is How does Hawkeye work?

GPS linking makes sense, but still trying to fig out how it helps the user.

_SA
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"