Worst Anime(s)

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Worst Anime(s)

Post by GhostLine »

Okay, I rented Blood Reign the other day. I know I can't be too harsh because it's twenty years old, but I couldn't stand it! Some ninja kid runs around chasing chicks and monsters. I turned it off when he's fighting some dudes on a beach and a big lightning bolt strikes out of nowhere into the water and out walks this horse onto the beach and strikes up a conversation with the ninja kid.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Street Fighter Alpha

I don't even like watching the STYLE of the drawing.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I actually quite like the distorted exaggerated style of street fighter alpha, although I prefer the more conventional style of the first film. I just think they both look good next to the art direction taken for Street Fighter Alpha generations which just looks faded and sketchy.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Eye of the beholder.

Are there any that are universally reviled? For instance the version of Lord of the Rings where they filmed live actors and then drew over the frames?

I guess we are looking for the "Plan 9 from Outer Space" of anime?
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

:x Plan 9 is a classic :x One of the best bad movies ever made

Worst anime is Coolie Foolie. It is actually so bad that its addictive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PzHcxbh7SM
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

FLCL rocks! But if you hate FLCL, then I know you will also dislike Dead Leaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Leaves

I guess it is another one that is subject to the eye of the beholder.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Starship Operators...is really bad. It's about a group of young starship officer cadets finishing up their final hands-on spaceship training...and on the verge of graduation when suddenly politcal power changes and now they are in danger of being killed. They survive and then are forced to fight the enemy using funds from being broadcast live to the public as entertainment. Animation is poor, story is boring. The only cool thing is that they are really trying their hand at hard science with the space battles and everything....
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Naruto, Vampire Knight, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z/ GT (original one was great), and Fruits Basket.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?