Episode 26: Endless Gig (Contains spoilers)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Wix

Post by Wix »

By that, I just meant that there is no need to suppose some possibilities, as the definitive answer is available. I didn't mean to force you to watch it right away
Force? Heck, I was trying to snooker you into sending me a copy....I'm dying to see it. I don't know Japanese, nor do I have Japanese friend to translate, so I am doomed to wait. :cry:
Ma Gavte La Nata
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Motoko2030 wrote:I think the Tachikomas are gone forever, at the end of the episode, Section 9 replaced the Tachikomas with Uchikoma to replace the Tachikomas, the Uchikoma is a cross between a Tachikoma and a Fuchikoma. I assume that in Solid State Society that we could see the Uchikomas in action.
I truly wish that the uchikoma's gain personality.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

marto_motoko wrote:
Motoko2030 wrote:I think the Tachikomas are gone forever, at the end of the episode, Section 9 replaced the Tachikomas with Uchikoma to replace the Tachikomas, the Uchikoma is a cross between a Tachikoma and a Fuchikoma. I assume that in Solid State Society that we could see the Uchikomas in action.
I truly wish that the uchikoma's gain personality.

mm
that was one of the worst parts of the end of the 2nd series knowing that the tachikomas are gone.... :cry:

anyone know when the uk will be blessed with SSS??
tso

Post by tso »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote: I think that he and the other agents were talking about concepts that Noam Chompsky often brings up, about how America controls its populace by distracting them with made up consumer needs, and television, distracts the younger, more rebellious sorts with sporting events, and video games, and keep the population ignorant by letting the public school system slip further down.
This echoes something from ancient Rome:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses
Torukey

Post by Torukey »

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but I need to throw in my two cents here... Hopefully I won't be too offensive, but this episode has very strong meaning to me.
The story of the last episode was very Biblical in nature to me, spanning both Old and New Testaments. Motoko and Kuze represented a new Adam and Eve, who were shortly to give birth to a new humanity in cyber-space. This was the first time Motoko and Kuze were put face to face, where they could exchange their views. The apples represented not sin, but the fruit of knowledge. Batou represented Christ only in the sense that he "saved" humanity. Which Batou did, in a way. Three million people were awfully close to extinction at that point! I think it would have almost been more appropriate if the Tachikoma were portrayed like Jesus, but maybe the writers thought robot-Jesus ideas would offend people (though I doubt they even considered this).
The first time I saw the episode, I wasn't sure if I really liked the way the symbolism was implemented. The crucifix crossbeams seemed way too conspicuous to me. But I've since changed my mind, because the episode has an almost primordial/spiritual feel to it now.
I also had some confusion with the fact it was Christian imagery. Why of all things, did it have to be Biblical? The Bible has been done a million times over in movies and shows and it's not even that great of a book, if you ask me. Asia as a whole, but perhaps especially Japan, has a sort of fascination with Western culture and religions (particularly Christianity) because it has a sense of exotic-ness to them. I'd much rather have preferred them use something like classic secular literature or Mythology.