Appleseed 2nd Movie?

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

GhostLine wrote:I don't have a beef that Deunan looked a bit more asian-ethnic in the new one...I just hated her party attire...I don't care that it was designed by Prada...I think I've said this before. Must be a glitch in the Matrix.
Heheh, that makes me laugh.

I thought the attire was nice. It looked like something you'd see described in a Fitzgerald novel. :P

Personally I prefer the cell shading to regular 3D graphics when it comes to people.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

GhostLine wrote:I don't have a beef that Deunan looked a bit more asian-ethnic in the new one...I just hated her party attire...I don't care that it was designed by Prada...I think I've said this before. Must be a glitch in the Matrix.
It happens when they change something, ya know... ;) Just watch out for black cats and weird looking people with earplugs in their right ear...

Erm, yes, anyway...

I just ordered this on DVD, finally turned up on Amazon. Thought I'd grab it while I was getting the new Portishead album.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Double post for the lose...

My Appleseed: Ex Machina DVD is the 2-disc Collectors Edition. Never even realised. It's got a copy of a Shirow Appleseed Manga episode in the back too which is darn cool :D
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Saito

Post by Saito »

Triple post, wow I feel like a total loser now :P

I finally got off my ass (well, only figuratively!! =0) ) and watched it and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It was just as shallow as the first film but hey, it was a cool action romp and had some very interesting moments.

I liked the CG style although it has a feeling of not quite knowing if it wants cell shaded or 3D. It definitely built on the previous movie's style and excellent visuals.

As a well seasoned fan of all things to do with The Matrix, I have to hold up the board and cry foul at the blatant copy that occurred towards the end. No spoilers, I just felt it was a bit blatant, even if it was appropriate ;)

Overall I'll give it a 7/10, it was a good film and the addition of Tereus to the mix did add something to what threatened to be a rewind/repeat of the first film.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Saito wrote:Triple post, wow I feel like a total loser now :P

I finally got off my ass (well, only figuratively!! =0) ) and watched it and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. It was just as shallow as the first film but hey, it was a cool action romp and had some very interesting moments.

I liked the CG style although it has a feeling of not quite knowing if it wants cell shaded or 3D. It definitely built on the previous movie's style and excellent visuals.

As a well seasoned fan of all things to do with The Matrix, I have to hold up the board and cry foul at the blatant copy that occurred towards the end. No spoilers, I just felt it was a bit blatant, even if it was appropriate ;)

Overall I'll give it a 7/10, it was a good film and the addition of Tereus to the mix did add something to what threatened to be a rewind/repeat of the first film.

I would give it an 8 :roll: Just to be different LMAO. It wasn't as good action wise as the first. I still think the first 10 minutes of the first one is one of the best opening scenes in the business.

That was one ugly dress she wore to the party :cry: I've seen brides maid dresses that looked better
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
Saito

Post by Saito »

I think the original was an 8/10, like you say the opening sequence of the original is a truly inspirational piece of cinema. One of the best Anime action sequences I've seen, it's right up there with Motoko's tank fight in GiTS.

The party dress was... erm... yeah not that great. The head gear was truly odd (in an entirely bad way), and the dress made her look like a school girl. I didn't mind the other Prada dress though, with the furry pockets and the outrageous hood/collar, that was quite fetching.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Saito

Post by Saito »

Heh heh... having seen it now... I'd give the first Appleseed CG anime 7/10 or 7.5/10 overall. I thought the opening sequence had a lot of energy... it was pretty dynamic but I struggle to think of a point I really latched onto like Motoko leaping out the window in her thermoptics or the doll bodies being made.
I think it was an illustration of Deunan's typical 'life' before the events of the film.
It almost crossed the line a bit on the over-hip scale for me... but I'm being a really harsh critic as usual. It was a good opening especially if you're a gun action junkie XD.
Not sure what the 'over-hip' scale is. The background music was a bit 'clubby' for my taste (I have ot confess I'm not a HUGE fan of Paul Okenfold) but it worked pretty well for me.

sonic wrote: And... I really do say alot of silly things ^.^;. I keep reading through old posts and disagreeing with myself on things or feeling like it reads like I want to pick a fight or something ><. I don't. Perils of saying every thought out loud in public while you're growing up in order to help you grow up or something.
Awww don't beat yourself up Sylph, we all do it. I've read back on some posts I made on forums and thought I was an ass too. Just vow not to do it again and all will be well. We learn from our errors, or at least we are supposed to.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...