X-Men 3 announcement trailer on Apple's website

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

X-Men 3 announcement trailer on Apple's website

Post by Motoko2030 »

Don't know how many members here are fans of X-Men, here is a link to the announcement trailer for the upcoming X-Men 3 movie, http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I sure am a fan of X-Men. I liked the second movie more than the first one. Let's see how the third one will be. :)
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

They've really got the potential for a great series of films in X-men, the wealth of characters availible to them is excellent. It's a shame many of the better ones would be too expensive to animate.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

All I can say is "ARCANGEL ARCANGEL ARCANGEL" ^^
Spica

Post by Spica »

I like arcangle too.

I wonder what the plot of this one will be, I assume that it will involve Dark Phoenix, but I've also heard specualtion involving sentinals (they did do the mutant registration act plot in the first film).

So how did you guys like Kelsey Grammer as Beast?
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

Kelsey Grammar (I believe I spelled his name right) is an excellent actor, and I can see him doing well as the Beast.

I can't wait for this to come out. I really enjoyed the second one. I think this is going to be the final showdown between Magneto and the Xavier institute. I believe Apocalypse might have an appearance, if not a large part, in the movie.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I didn't like archangel's face much but those are great wings! We definetely see Dark Phoenix with Magneto in trailer. Didn't like Storm's greyish hair either, it was better before. Couldn't see the Nightcrawler.
I beieve someone is dying from the institute but who might it be? Whatever, surely there's much more to see in the movie. Looks very good and can't wait to see it. :)
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Oh. (Is to stunned by awesome trailer to say any more)
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

:( my firefox doesn't like quicktime so i can't see it :(

the first couple of potential scripts for X2 involved sentinels and beast, they're bringing in the beast so maybe the sentinals will make an appearence in this film too. On the other hand the concept of the sentinals does seem a bit too cartoonish for film :\

anyone else think Kelsey Grammer looks wrong for beast?

Yes this is what passes for subtle satire when I'm this tired.

Actually I think the guys from penny arcade hit it on the head he is too well known as fraiser to ever be a decent beast in my book.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Spica

Post by Spica »

MiNaeClem wrote:I didn't like archangel's face much but those are great wings! We definetely see Dark Phoenix with Magneto in trailer. Didn't like Storm's greyish hair either, it was better before. Couldn't see the Nightcrawler.
I beieve someone is dying from the institute but who might it be? Whatever, surely there's much more to see in the movie. Looks very good and can't wait to see it. :)
Nightcrawler will not be appearing in this movie, and I think the funeral is a memorial service for Jean Grey (remember, they thought that she died at the end of the last movie).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Spica wrote:
MiNaeClem wrote:I didn't like archangel's face much but those are great wings! We definetely see Dark Phoenix with Magneto in trailer. Didn't like Storm's greyish hair either, it was better before. Couldn't see the Nightcrawler.
Nightcrawler will not be appearing in this movie, and I think the funeral is a memorial service for Jean Grey (remember, they thought that she died at the end of the last movie).
Heh and yet they ruin the tension by showing her in the preview. All real fans know she didn't die (and probably also what's going to happen next), but it does take some of the suspense out of it.
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

I knew what was gonna happen by the end of the 2nd movie. If you pay attention at the very end when Prof. X is giving his little speech you'll see the shadow of a bird forming in the water. That plus the fact she has that fiery aura when she's pushing the plane away that told me Dark Pheonix wold be the plot of the 3rd movie.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I heard rumors that Professor Xavier will be killed off, so maybe that funeral scene is for the Professor.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I didn't see Cyclops in the funeral nor Prof. X. So it might be possible it's for one of them or it might be for Jean too. A funeral would be suited to the beginning or the end of the movie I think. I guess it's likely in the begining for Jean.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hah! Kelsey Grammer... I love Frasier :) (was my fave American comedy).

To be honest, I loved the X-Men when I was younger (especially when they had their look circa the 90's cartoon). But I went off them shortly after the time of the first movie, and haven't really bothered coming back. I don't like the way most comics are nowadays :( ... A good friend lent me Joss Whedan's (of Buffy fame) new X-Men comic series, and I think that's actually alright- it has a few things I'm not keen on (Cyclops and Emma Frost? Eww, ew, eww!) but it's generally interesting (yayyy- Colossus and Kitty are back in each other's arms like they should be)! Anyway, I really found the first X-Men movie to be incredibly boring; aside from a good Magneto and Professor X, all of the other characters were incredibly cardboard. What? Halle Berry as Storm? It just doesn't even fit. :( Although if you like Wolverine and you are okay with Rogue basically being Kitty Pride (and of course if you don't mind the black leather look on everyone), then I suppose it was a perfectly okay movie. The trailers and the descriptions of the second film did not seem terribly interesting either, so I didn't bother with it... I'm kind of interested in seeing Kelsey Grammer as the Beast though, so I think I'll probably see this one!

I suppose people hoping that Gambit would actually be a proper character in the films have to just give up on the thought :(