S2E26 -- Kuze (Spoilers)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

drescu

S2E26 -- Kuze (Spoilers)

Post by drescu »

Maybe I missed something glaringly obvious having seen S2E26 only once but...

Who is the person the Major recognizes meeting with Gohda?

How do they get to Kuze and kill him with the micromachine virus?

Anyone who can explain this gets a gold star.

edit: changed Subject line
Phalanx Observation

Post by Phalanx Observation »

The man from the AE meeting with Ghoda is the same man who set up Batou in Episode 10 SAC Season 1 Jungle Cruise. I believe his name was Watanabe (If I'm not mistaken)
drescu

Post by drescu »

I haven't watch S1 for awhile, thanks for clearing that up!

Also, what does Kuze _do_ after the Dejima incident? That's not totally explained, if I'm not mistaken. Does he escape?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

They didn't go into any detail about the Dejima incident. But it is quite apparent that Kuze probably just began wondering, which was the start up of the whole following that he later recieved.

As for how they got to him in order to kill him with the virus, it's very self-explanatory. Gohta is a very powerful man after all, so it shouldn't have been too hard to simply have a guard sneak buy, and carry out his task.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Psychadelic_Soul

Post by Psychadelic_Soul »

Wasn't the man that killed Kuze from the American Empire?

He gave that speech about docile consumers and that revolutionary leaders were too hard to keep tabs on. Maybe I just figured he was from the AE considering that and the snobby way he spoke...also, wasn't he the original partner of the CIA man that was with Ghoda from Jungle Cruise?
I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Yes he was, I hadn't spotted that till now, just checked the videos :)
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Psychadelic_Soul wrote:Wasn't the man that killed Kuze from the American Empire?

He gave that speech about docile consumers and that revolutionary leaders were too hard to keep tabs on. Maybe I just figured he was from the AE considering that and the snobby way he spoke...also, wasn't he the original partner of the CIA man that was with Ghoda from Jungle Cruise?

Oh, thank you so much Psychedelic Soul! I wouldn't have spotted that at all! :D

I hated both of the bastards (Jeni excuse my vulgarity) from Jungle Cruise, so I tryed to forget their dreadful faces the minute the episode was over! :evil: Phfe! American Empire......*mumbles on*

mm
contact

Post by contact »

Slight Spolier here if you haven't seen the first series.

A bit off topic, but while we're putting names to faces, who was the guy that shot Nanao A in episode 5/6 of the first season . I think he's the same guy who blew up (or did something to) serrano at the end of the first series. He may be the same guy who offs Kuze too....
contact

Post by contact »

Come on!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

contact wrote:Come on!
Try waiting a few days for an answer. In most forums bumping your own topic/question is considered rude.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
contact wrote:Come on!
Try waiting a few days for an answer. In most forums bumping your own topic/question is considered rude.
Not only, but it also shows a deprevation of life. I'm sure that you can do something more productive with your time, than sit in front of the screen, and impatiently attempt to wait for the answer of a small trivial piece of information. :) I don't mean that in a rude way, but simply as an opinionized suggestion, and perhaps advice.

mm

I do admire your passion, however. :wink:
Psychadelic_Soul

Post by Psychadelic_Soul »

No I doubt it was the same man that killed Kuze, see what I said above, but I'd bet the assassin you're referring to from 1st Gig is some kind of government-paid man who takes care of the dirty work like eliminating Nanao A and doing whatever it was he must have done to Serano.

He could have been on the payroll of the Prime Minister or was connected to his cabinet which explains why, after the elections that took place between the two Gigs replaced the old administration, he was never seen again.
I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all.
contact

Post by contact »

I'm most sorry I offended you :/
I posted that on the 5 January and checked again almost 3 weeks later, to see it it was slipping away into the back pages if the forum. So I bumped it as it was something that I wondered about when I watched the series.
contact

Post by contact »

And thanks Psychadelic_Soul for answering, what you said seems most likely to be the case.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

contact wrote:I'm most sorry I offended you :/
I posted that on the 5 January and checked again almost 3 weeks later, to see it it was slipping away into the back pages if the forum. So I bumped it as it was something that I wondered about when I watched the series.
No prob. I'm a little snarkier these days than I used to be. Sorry if I took it out on you. :)