Question about GitS:SAC. (Landmates?)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

anyr

Question about GitS:SAC. (Landmates?)

Post by anyr »

I am wanting to use a Landmate type suit for my character on a role-playing forum, I can't find any half decent Landmate pictures from Appleseed, I then remembered the Landmate like suits in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, the white ones and all. I thought those were really smooth and nice looking but try as I might, I can't find one! I have look for about 5 hours straight and can't find just a picture of one of those suits. Anyone know the name or provide pictures/models of one. Even a website with a picture of one would be appreciated. Thank you.

If not too much trouble also opening pictures that show the interior a bit while they are getting in or something. (This is from the episode Eraser)
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I think a lot of the old Shirow calendars have them, like Intron Depot and such. But since it's about the girls inside for Shirow, I guess you'd have a hard time finding one that's actually closed..
Last edited by simon's ghost on Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh well.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I think anyr is talking about the powered exoskeleton suits that was used in the Eraser episode against Motoko Kusanagi.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Most likely. They are also seen in the last episodes of the series. In appearance they're very much like Appleseed's landmates, most likely intentionally. They even have the double arms.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

well, that's what I was also refering to. Aren't they similar to the suits in the calendars?
Oh well.
Spica

Post by Spica »

You could just buy the Appleseed manga, it costs about $17 per volume and, of course, has plenty of pictures of landmates (it has an interesting story to boot).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Hmm... I have a few small screen caps of the latest appleseed movie including a landmate on my computer back at school. if you could wait a few weeks i could upload the pictures for you.