Gig 2 Episode 17: Red Data

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

Epiphany wrote:Just out of curiousity and just a bit off topic. How much effort would be put into making a cyber-body respond to sexual simulation anyway. They talk in several places about how good the major is at using her body compared to most others. But would they really put that much effort into creating realistic sexual organs in a cyber-body. Even if the body parts were made to appear realistic would they put much effort ( and resourses ) into creating the nuero-network to respond to external stimulation. Seems it would take massive amounts of computing power and substancial wiring to pull off a true sexual experiance resembling anything like real-life
I wouldn't doubt it. It's a world where people themselves can practically dive into the net, hack into each other's brains, communicate voiceless, change bodies like clothes, and friggin turn invisible. The technology is definitely available, and so is the computing power. Clues given all throughout the series lead me to believe that prosthetic bodies are made to be quite detailed, and extremely realistic. Even close to organic bodies perhaps, albeit possessing only synthetic parts. They're capable of the 5 senses. They can also breathe, bleed, sweat, make a variety of facial expressions, eat & process food, hell, they can even vault off buildings. I think it goes without saying that a set of highly realistic sexual organs (minus the reproductive capabilities) would probably come with the package lol.

Besides, the Major's physical form for example, wouldn't be the object of "admiration" that it is, if it was intended to be only the equivalent of some dull department store mannequin that could house a "ghost". Haha, you get the picture. :wink:
For she had often seen a cat without a grin, but never a grin without a cat