A Question regarding Japanese 13 volume and R1 7 volume .

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

headpower

A Question regarding Japanese 13 volume and R1 7 volume .

Post by headpower »

Most of the R1 disc contains 2 episode per disc , whereas R1 contains 4 episode per disc. Does that mean Japanese R2 disc picture quality should be superior to R1 bandai release. Just wondering why doesnt Bandai release 13 volume , 2 episode per disc.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

The only reason, I bielve, that the R2 realses have only two episodes is because its in Japan. And in Japan anime is alot more popular and they can get away with only puting two episodes on each DVD. Its just a marketing technic, thats all. In North America, anime is not as popular so having 4 episodes per disc makes more sense. I highly doubt the R2's have superior quality then R1's.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Marketing is indeed the reason. In Japan CDs and DVDs are seriously expensive, anyway. Four episodes per disk in Japan might cost something close to $80. As such, at least casual viewers are more likely to buy just a couple of episodes at time, with a cheaper price and if they end up buying the whole season, anyway, it's more money to the publisher.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Individual11

Post by Individual11 »

Lightice wrote:Marketing is indeed the reason. In Japan CDs and DVDs are seriously expensive, anyway. Four episodes per disk in Japan might cost something close to $80. As such, at least casual viewers are more likely to buy just a couple of episodes at time, with a cheaper price and if they end up buying the whole season, anyway, it's more money to the publisher.
wat! :shock: i was thinking it was way too xpensive here in germany already! when they released the 4 episodes disc here, it used to cost around 30 euros. but rite now u cud buy em for 12-15 euros!