season 3?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I tend to think that the third season and the movie are completely unrelated. I doubt production IG is waiting to see the numbers to start working on the new season. from what i've heard and read about it, the people involved so far are simply busy with other projects and none of the existing material can be used for a new season. I am not satisfied with the SSS ending either, but it really did feel like it was over, like the loop was complete.
Oh well.
headpower

Post by headpower »

I take that nothing to work on with existing matieral is referring to shirow advice or stuff with the manga, if that is the case i think that is not true . Stand alone complex deviates from original manga, the stuff stand alone complex uses are the settings, techology and character but plot wise it had nothing to do with shirow, ya he is the advisor for the series but I doubt he involved much, if you look at recent shows such as ghost hound and Real Drive which slapped the IG X Shirow stamp on the show, it is nothing but a medicore show. Stand alone complex was good and sucessful because of Kenji Kamiyama, and Dai Saito. The more I watch shows after GITS, the more I have to give credit to Kenji Kamiyama, because althouht ghost hound and Real drive used shirow's original idea , it just lack the juice gits offered.
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

simon's ghost wrote:I tend to think that the third season and the movie are completely unrelated. I doubt production IG is waiting to see the numbers to start working on the new season. from what i've heard and read about it, the people involved so far are simply busy with other projects and none of the existing material can be used for a new season. I am not satisfied with the SSS ending either, but it really did feel like it was over, like the loop was complete.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that a prospective third season by Production IG would have nothing to do with whatever Dreamworks coughs up. Timing wise, I just don't think that they release it before the live action film comes out.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I'm hoping for a third season information by summer of 2009, possibly winter, with a late 2010 release date.

I don't know though, that's just my hopes.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?