SSS Summary

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

headpower

SSS Summary

Post by headpower »

In 2034, Motoko left Section 9 and Togusa is now leading the section 9 team and a bunch of new recruits joined. When Batou and da rest of the section 9 team were investigating a new crime which is mastered by the "puppet master" . Batou met Motoko again and before Motoko left she told Batou to beware the "Solid state society". Is puppet master really the Major. Let all find out on Sep 1. Ghost in the shell SSS.

The special edition of region 2 DVD release will contain contain a 130 page storyboard of SSS and a 16 page booklet.

Well my freind translated this article for me .

http://kokaku-sac.xrea.jp/archives/2006/0703-1258.php

I hope when Bandai release region 1 SSS they will make SE that contains the 130 page storyboard
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko left ??? :shock: wtf ???

Which continium is this ??? Are they merging the SAC story with the movie's???

I heard that the original japanese word used to describe this "new" puppet master is not the same than in the movie, but still, I'm weirded out !
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I read that summary of SSS as well and I was shocked to find out that Motoko left Section 9 and Togusa has taken Motoko's place as Second in command, I would have expected Batou to replace the Major and that the Major could be the puppet master.

Either this is what is going to happen or the translation from Japanese to English is wrong.

If SSS is going to be like this, I hope that they will say why she left and give some background story in what happened to her when she did leave Section 9.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko2030 wrote:If SSS is going to be like this, I hope that they will say why she left and give some background story in what happened to her when she did leave Section 9.
Well, I expect that she'll be part of the story anyway (like in Innocence).

I still can't believe it :?

headpower

Post by headpower »

I think da story is confirmed, my chinese freind said he read a magazine that basically said the same thing. Motoko left section 9 and Tosgua is in charge. Well she probably left becasue of Kauze, since his death, she was in a dark mood. Togusa is in charge is a bit suprising though.

Well we have seen screenshoots or the preview of SSS taht batou was pointing a gun toward a cyborg that looks very similar to the major, or maybe she is really the major. Well at the end of 2nd GIG, a lot of things were tied back to the original manga of GITS. I think what the director (cant spell his name) wants to do is showing the puppet master and motoko in an alternative way. Well again he would be dead stupid if he tries to follow what happened to motoko in the movie. And if SSS really make a lot of cash, maybe they will make a 3rd TV series.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I liked how in SAC 2nd Gig, a lot of things were tied to the original manga, it kind of provided closure between the manga and SAC TV series, but I wouldn't like to see the puppet master story from the original manga being repeated in SSS.

It will be interesting to see what exactly happens in Solid State Society.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko2030 wrote:It will be interesting to see what exactly happens in Solid State Society.
Yeap, now I'm even more excited about it :P Let's start the countdown 8)

Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The official Solid State Society page on the English Production IG website is up and running at http://www.productionig.com/contents/wo ... index.html

Here is the true English summary of SSS and not the translated version, I got this from the Solid State Society webpage on Production IG's site.
A.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team, that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents, and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker named the Puppeteer is behind the entire series of events.

In the midst of all, Batou, who was stalking the case on a separate track, encounters Motoko. She goes away after saying, "Stay away from the Solid State Society." Batou is left with a doubt in his mind. Could Motoko be the the Puppeteer?

The series of intriguing incidents that Section 9 faces gradually link together almost artistically. Who is the Puppeteer? What will happen to Batou's relationship with Motoko? What is the full truth behind this carefully planned perfect crime? And what will the outcome be? Mysteries surround the Solid State Society...
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Well, I am intigrued. It doesn't seem, that the Puppeteer's story is at all like that of the manga or movie. I am curious to see, how this plot premise will unravel.

I'm assuming that Togusa is in charge, because he's a former police detective and such skills are more important than military tactics in the new Section 9...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Would it be possible to have one post about SSS?

(This is actually a serious question. If you guys feel like the topics are different enough, don't worry about me. :) )
kyuuen

Post by kyuuen »

-_____-

section 9.... isn't section 9 without motoko....

omg... i hope SSS isn't like Innocence... where motoko played a minor role in. She's like....the essence of GitS.

GAHHHHHHHHHHH

O_O maybe she followed kuze... at end of 2nd gig, he said that he'd go on ahead first.

Ehhh... im in conflict with my self. I know that GitS is anime and that it doesn't exist... but I WANNA HOG MOTOKO ALL FOR MYSELF~!!!

.. :oops:
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

If Motoko Kusanagi is the Puppeteer then she will have a bigger role as the villain, even if she isn't the Puppeteer then I would think she still will have a big role to play in SSS.

I never would have thought that Motoko would leave Section 9 or go against Section 9, these unexpected changes make the series more interesting and making me want to find out what happens.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Motoko2030 wrote:If Motoko Kusanagi is the Puppeteer then she will have a bigger role as the villain, even if she isn't the Puppeteer then I would think she still will have a big role to play in SSS.

I never would have thought that Motoko would leave Section 9 or go against Section 9, these unexpected changes make the series more interesting and making me want to find out what happens.
Motoko is not necessarily against Section 9. Perhaps she's just trying to protect Batou and wants to take care of this puppeteer by herself for personal reasons (probably because she already knows who it is ... which would make sense if it is indeed Kuze).

kyuuen

Post by kyuuen »

Yea, she would have a big role if she's the main villain... but

we wont get to see her in those sexy section9 uniforms >.<
headpower

Post by headpower »

THYREN wrote:
Motoko2030 wrote:If Motoko Kusanagi is the Puppeteer then she will have a bigger role as the villain, even if she isn't the Puppeteer then I would think she still will have a big role to play in SSS.

Motoko is not necessarily against Section 9. Perhaps she's just trying to protect Batou and wants to take care of this puppeteer by herself for personal reasons (probably because she already knows who it is ... which would make sense if it is indeed Kuze).
Kuze is dead at the end of 2nd GIG, unless he upload his ghost before he dies to the micromachine that da CIA agents injected into him.