SSS Summary

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

douyang

Post by douyang »

I simply cannot picture section 9 or Ghost in the Shell without the major. I can only hope she plays a big role in this one because it just isn't the same without her.

Togusa in charge? I figure they'd have to make him a very different person. It'd be interesting to see how he turns out as a result of his new responsibilties, what it does to his marriage and family life, whether he gets more cybernetic implants, etc.

In addition, I'm wondering what the overriding themes of the new movie will be. Will we see more of the political and sociological commentary of the 2nd GIG or will this one wander back into philosophical territory and how people in the Gits universe are affected by their technology? This talk of Solid State Society sounds like the former.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I think the reason why the Major left Section 9 was that she lost the first person who she had a crush on, Kuze. They were in the same plane crash, she tried to persuade Kuze to be transferred into a prosthetic body, after she failed his test of making a paper crane, so he made a promise that he will find her. In the last episode of SAC 2nd Gig, Motoko finally figured out who Kuze was and that she knew him from her childhood and then the CIA killed him.

I doubt Togusa will get more cybernetic implants, he originally was designed to be a bridge between the present and the future.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Motoko2030 wrote: In the last episode of SAC 2nd Gig, Motoko finally figured out who Kuze was and that she knew him from her childhood and then the CIA killed him.

She figured out who he was long before that. Right after diving into Kuze's brain she says: "I know him" and later she tells Batou, that she had a close relationship with him, though it was long ago.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

The spoiler monster wrote:...and he's possibly not dead, they did one of those weak 'we might want to bring him back later' deaths, like they did with the tachis.

EDIT: Sorry Jeni, De-spoilerfied Just in case :wink:
Last edited by Elmo on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Someone might want to put a spoiler tag somewhere in this topic.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:Someone might want to put a spoiler tag somewhere in this topic.
Well, it would be surprising that people who are reading about SSS didn't finish watching the 2nd GIG, but not impossible, so I guess you're right :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

headpower

Post by headpower »

Also announced at AX 2006 during the Production I.G panel was that Solid State Society is not scheduled to be the final iteration of the Stand Alone Complex series. There were no details on any future releases.

Seems like if this movie/ova sells well. We might get a 3rd TV series. YEAH
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

That is good news that production IG announced that they aren't planning in making Solid State Society the last installment of Stand Alone Complex.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

headpower wrote:Also announced at AX 2006 during the Production I.G panel was that Solid State Society is not scheduled to be the final iteration of the Stand Alone Complex series. There were no details on any future releases.

That's great news !!! I'm happy ! lol :P

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Allow me to vent.

Major leaves S9! ah-What?! How can this be?! Motoko is Ghost in the Shell!
Also announced at AX 2006 during the Production I.G panel was that Solid State Society is not scheduled to be the final iteration of the Stand Alone Complex series. There were no details on any future releases.

Yay!!!

But whats a third series without Motoko ;_;
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Got this image of Motoko in what looks to be one of her new outfits in Solid State Society from the Solid State Society section of the Japanese Production IG site.

Manga Entertainment announced at ComicCon 2006 that Solid State Society in America is going to be released Summer 2007.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Black Mamba wrote:Major leaves S9! ah-What?! How can this be?! Motoko is Ghost in the Shell!
In the second movie, Motoko wasn't part of Section 9 and it was a kick ass movie anyway! 8)
Black Mamba wrote:But whats a third series without Motoko ;_;
They never said that Motoko won't be part of the 3rd series. Actually, I highly doubt she won't be a major part of it (no, it's not word on play! :wink: ).

After all, maybe SSS is just the "beginning" of the third series... :roll:

headpower

Post by headpower »

Motoko2030 wrote:Image

Got this image of Motoko in what looks to be one of her new outfits in Solid State Society from the Solid State Society section of the Japanese Production IG site.

Manga Entertainment announced at ComicCon 2006 that Solid State Society in America is going to be released Summer 2007.
Do you think Manga will release SSS in Blu Ray or HD DVD format. By 2007 Summer, i expect a blu ray or HD DVD player will be in $500 range or even lower
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

i finally got to see SSS with english subs. It's a really good story. It does leave a lot of open ended questions. Hopefully that means a forth movie or a new series is in the works. I know it left me wanting more.

Is Motoko the Puppeteer / Puppetmaster?
Is this a follow up to the end of the first movie?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED