Looking for a song

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Crapgame

Looking for a song

Post by Crapgame »

I know song requests aren't looked on too highly here and I have all 3 of the SAC soundtracks, but I cant seem to find this one. It's played a few times in the 1st gig, the one time I can remember cause I just saw it was in 1st GiG Ep. 3, A Modest Rebellion, with the Jeri model androids. It's kinda near the end when Batou and Togusa search the one apartment. The music has a staggered beat and quick bursts of strings. Much thanks to anyone that helps.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

You see, I wish these things weren't so ambiguous. If you're requesting the actual MP3 of the song that's what''s not allowed. Since you're requesting the NAME of a song, that's a little bit different. It's always been my opinion that requesting the name of a song usually leads to trying to illegally download that song, but then again it could lead to trying to find another legal soundtrack with the name of the song in it.

Generally speaking, because of the ambiguity I tend to not like having these kinds of requests posted in our forums.
Crapgame

Post by Crapgame »

I'm just looking for the title, I already have the soundtracks but I don't think the song is on there and I want to confirm that. I'm not asking for an mp3 of it and I won't be downloading it illegally.
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

Where can we buy the GITS 2nd GIG OSTs, and do they have links to preview the audio tracks? I tried searching on Google but didn't come up with anything useful.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Crapgame wrote:I'm just looking for the title, I already have the soundtracks but I don't think the song is on there and I want to confirm that. I'm not asking for an mp3 of it and I won't be downloading it illegally.
Ok fair enough. :) Hopefully someone will come along and give you the answer you're looking for.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

jerryku wrote:Where can we buy the GITS 2nd GIG OSTs, and do they have links to preview the audio tracks? I tried searching on Google but didn't come up with anything useful.
Although many of them are closing or have already closed, Suncoast is the best place, as far as I know, to get official American releases of anime soundtracks including GitS.

There are plenty of online sites that have them, AnimeNation for instance has some official ones, but you have to make sure you're not getting crappy bootlegs. CDJapan will have the official Japanese soundtracks with their pretty packaging, but those tend to be high priced and shipping's not pretty either.
Voiture Lumiere

Post by Voiture Lumiere »

Hm.. I'm also looking for the name of a song to confirm whether or not it's on the three soundtracks which I have.

The song plays on the last episode of 2ng Gig at the near end, whereas Goda is walking with his briefcase and Section 9/military prepare to storm the area he is in. I believe it's been repeated a few times throughout the season.

Can anyone help? Thanks..
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

I buy all mine from amazon.co.uk i was supprised when i saw them for sale but :shock: i have downloaded megatech body while wating to buy it.
please don't ban me Jeni Nielsen for admitting this sin
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

AJB2K3 wrote:I buy all mine from amazon.co.uk i was supprised when i saw them for sale but :shock: i have downloaded megatech body while wating to buy it.
please don't ban me Jeni Nielsen for admitting this sin

You're lucky I can't ban anyone. :)

Don't worry about it.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

:?

Umm....hey you guys, I'm really hoping no one calls me an Ape-Face here, but as he'd say regarding all your 'where to buy the soundtracks thing', "That isn't the issue here. Stay on topic."

Wasn't this originally questioning the presence of a song, and which soundtrack it might belong to? Please be more conciderate of that, concidering no one likes their threads to be completely over-written for a lack of better explanation.

Crapgame (I felt odd writing that), The song that you are looking for is actually not on any of the soundtracks. I just got done checking. I haven't seen it on any other soundtrack. Perhaps it'll be part of the SSS soundtrack, or another one that could be released someday. As of now, just like quite a few others, it's a floating mystery track, never to have met a CD.

Hope that helps.
mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

i think the song that your looking for is track 9 from the be human album

http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/disc ... ts_behuman

have a listen on here... i think its the same song i was asking about...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

mrtodd wrote:i think the song that your looking for is track 9 from the be human album

http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/disc ... ts_behuman

have a listen on here... i think its the same song i was asking about...

:shock: I'd completely forgotten about that one! (the album, meaning.)

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?