Sorry

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Sylphisonic wrote: "SIT, foolscap-headed tachikoma, I say!" :twisted:
Silphy, you haven't lost your touch at all! :lol: Always manage to get me to laugh!

I personally think that the tachikomas are allready sometimes odd even without dunce hats, but the hats would top it all :twisted:! Very nice idea!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Always manage to get me to laugh!
Thanks :lol: . I'm getting a reputation for being kind of funny I think. In many ways. I just introduced myself to someone a couple of weeks ago, and as I went to make some silly gesture with my hand, my ring flew off and hit her on the nose. I keep knocking my water off of my desk and when I go to retrieve it my books fall off instead. I say silly things by accident often and I can't even say them well, and even then I somehow look cool apparently (despite the silly faces and goofy gestures I tend to make). I can't get out of the car nicely and usually manage an acrobatic clown-act exit, which I think must look kind of undignified but which I've been told looks kind of cool as well... although not the time last night when I didn't quite manage to get there and instead got my delicate behind stuck between the space between the door and the front seat... :oops:

I like being funny on-line because for a change it's mostly intentional, and it tends to work. I think in real life I'm funny just because I'm fairly serious most of the time, so when people see that stuff going on and getting sillier and sillier the more I try to correct it they're kind of amused. And I just laugh about it, so I come out cool-looking as well. Advice to clumsy people or those who just don't get their words or actions out right, this is.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

:lol: I wish I was like that. I'm a very big people person, so therefore have to constantly deal with the perfection - act which isn't my favourite role. :roll:

Due to my incapability to be 'accepted' by people my age, I have a lot more fun with people who aren't funny due to jokes directly, but rather by being witty, and mature in their approach. :D I'm glad to know that there's people to keep that quality even online!

PS: Oh...and I've also gotten my bum stuck when getting out of the car, but mine had to do with getting my foot somehow getting caught on the side of the petal. :lol:
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

doo di do do doo

Me thinks we might want to add something to the rules about trying our best to stay on topic.

Pokes people above her. ^^
(not like there was much of a topic to begin with, but still...)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Exactly. There was no topic. It's all in our minds. (Spooky music) :twisted:

Seriously, it's just a conversation with a time delay. So who cares if it goes off into other areas? We are having fun. If anyone is still interested in talking about being sorry, they are free to talk about it here still... These topics will get back on track by themselves eventually, if they are good enough to regain people's interest in the first place. Otherwise, we might as well have fun talking, right? Like in real life. That's just my theory. There weren't any rules to say people had to stay on topic before, so a little chat outside of the areas is always fine. If it gets really out of hand, we can always start new topics, no? Or someone can come up with something topic-related for everyone to munch over again...

Now stop poking me and Marto. It... hurts...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I just assume that "stay on topic" is one of those untold rules that just happens. If you really want I'll just let it go, but it always kinda irks me especially in philosophy topics since there usually is a good topic to begin with. Again maybe I'm just reading too much into that untold rule.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I don't know, it depends on whether or not you think it hurts conversation. I think it's easier to have those kinds of philosophical conversations if you feel like you can do it in a relaxed way though. But I don't like the internet much, so I'm not really as immersed in nettiquette culture to know. Obviously if someone said, "please don't deviate at any time from the topic I'm creating," I'd try to respect that, but most of the time I figure it doesn't matter if the conversation goes off for a bit and comes back again. I just assumed it was up to the people most invested in it (if anyone was), like the person who created it, to set it straight again. Although, if a topic goes off in a really unsavory way, like we're talking about philosophy and some lunatic comes in out of nowhere ranting and raving about how evil GitS is and the subliminal messaging it contains and starts causing fights with everyone in the topic, then it's probably a good idea to whip it back in line again... fast. So no "how do I find GitS in the shops?" or "how do I download this?" in the "what is the meaning of life" section...

I don't know, perhaps we should put it to popular vote or something... Although, the final decision is Jeff's, and I'm not sure if he really gives it much thought. Sorry Jeni, you're working with a pair of laid-back tortoises here... it must get kind of frustrating... sheepish grin :arrow: :wink:
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:I just assume that "stay on topic" is one of those untold rules that just happens. If you really want I'll just let it go, but it always kinda irks me especially in philosophy topics since there usually is a good topic to begin with. Again maybe I'm just reading too much into that untold rule.

The conversation can develop in unexpected directions. When majority goes on with the flow, I don't think it is neccesary to be tied by the original topic title. Trying to hold on to the topic too hard will usually kill the thread.

As Sylphisonic said, though, malevolent thread-hijacks are a different matter, altogether.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

I love it when threads evolve from cookies to basket ball, or vice-versa.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Sylphisonic wrote:I don't know, it depends on whether or not you think it hurts conversation. I think it's easier to have those kinds of philosophical conversations if you feel like you can do it in a relaxed way though. But I don't like the internet much, so I'm not really as immersed in nettiquette culture to know. Obviously if someone said, "please don't deviate at any time from the topic I'm creating," I'd try to respect that, but most of the time I figure it doesn't matter if the conversation goes off for a bit and comes back again. I just assumed it was up to the people most invested in it (if anyone was), like the person who created it, to set it straight again. Although, if a topic goes off in a really unsavory way, like we're talking about philosophy and some lunatic comes in out of nowhere ranting and raving about how evil GitS is and the subliminal messaging it contains and starts causing fights with everyone in the topic, then it's probably a good idea to whip it back in line again... fast. So no "how do I find GitS in the shops?" or "how do I download this?" in the "what is the meaning of life" section...

I don't know, perhaps we should put it to popular vote or something... Although, the final decision is Jeff's, and I'm not sure if he really gives it much thought. Sorry Jeni, you're working with a pair of laid-back tortoises here... it must get kind of frustrating... sheepish grin :arrow: :wink:

Eh ok. I guess I'll just leave it up to my disgression. Go back to talking amongst yourselves.
Spica

Post by Spica »

Sylphisonic wrote:Although, if a topic goes off in a really unsavory way, like we're talking about philosophy and some lunatic comes in out of nowhere ranting and raving about how evil GitS is and the subliminal messaging it contains and starts causing fights with everyone in the topic, then it's probably a good idea to whip it back in line again... fast.
I remember a guy who came here and did stuff like that. He started a bunch of flame wars about a year ago.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

The example was pretty thinly disguised. :wink: