April Fools

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

brillo_pad

April Fools

Post by brillo_pad »

Ok, this is one crappy april fools joke.... Cmon.. farting noises during GitS,, when its aired one hour early...

/facepalm
CanisD

Post by CanisD »

It first I thought Batou was screwing around with the dog, but then it continued... Hopefully it will be on at the normal time as well, sans the added soundtrack. FMA is on at the normal time, not sure how the time change will effect the second showing though so it might pay to check in an hour early...
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
brillo_pad

Post by brillo_pad »

ahh much better
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Yeh, my husband was soooo mad, I was running to work so I couldnt get too riled up. But he just called to tell me it was fixed second time.

You know they did that just to tick us off. Plus they put the listing as Inuyasha, probably because they LOVE to f**k around with the Inuyasha fans it seems.

Jerks.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
CanisD

Post by CanisD »

Now they are showing an episode (possibly/hopefully the ONLY episode) of the Chuck Norris animated series.

Then they reaired the fart episode...then the non-farting episode will be a 4:30. Sigh...
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

glad i missed it.
admittedly i don't watch GitS on Adult Swim.
I like to wait 'til it comes out on DVD.
I know...weird.
brillo_pad

Post by brillo_pad »

Did the Chuck Norris episode have something to do with sealab? I was messing around online and wasn't really paying attention. Also, I rember something about Mr. T. I remember watching that cartoon as a kid. Wow... it was bad.

Adult Swim totally ruined that GitS episode for me. I still anticipated farting noises when the little blind girl's chair went up the stairs... jerks. I should have turned the TV off. They still will never top the South Park April fools joke and probably could have come up with something more creative.

Adult Swim, a six pack and a laptop, not a bad way to spend your evening when you don't feel like going out.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ugh. I don't care if they sometimes show a decent anime. Adult Swim is always tasteless and juvenille. I can't stand Cartoon Network. :evil:
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Uhhh.... I have yet to miss a SaC episode on Adult Swim. What did I miss...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:Uhhh.... I have yet to miss a SaC episode on Adult Swim. What did I miss...
Farts aparently. Probably not much to miss. :)
H-street

Post by H-street »

i went back and watched the recording and i didn't notice any farting noises in the episode..

was it he whole time or just at some specific moments?
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

they showed it twice, on at the usual Innuyasha time where the dialog was intersperced with fart noises, the second regular time, was normal.
You probably recorded the regular time of course so you wouldnt have seen the messed up one.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama