MOVIE NEWS!!!

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

MOVIE NEWS!!!

Post by GhostLine »

I just reAd in The Hollywood RePorteR that a US Live-ActIon adaptation has been greenflagged to film in June this year for a MemoriaL Weekend '09 release.

Leigh Whannel (screenwriter and star in SAW) and James Wan (Director SAW) are reteaming to write and direct. James Wan apparently is a Fan...so that's a bonus.

But guys, you are gonna pOOp yourselves on who they chose to play the lead. They didn't say she would pLay Motoko, but...Sarah Michelle Gellar is eyeing the lead role...which of course would lend to believe it is motoko.

Man, I don't know if I should be pissed off or excited. I'm really intereSted on who's doing the FX or music.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

let me guess: april fool?
Oh well.
Aoi

Post by Aoi »

If you want to actually fool people on a forum over the internet on April 1st, the best way to do it would be to present real, shocking information but present it sarcastically, trying to imply that you are lying.

Then - they laugh when they find that they were fooled by the entire concept of April Fool's Day. 8)
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

it's concerning that this could so easily be true.. :(
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Aoi wrote:If you want to actually fool people on a forum over the internet on April 1st, the best way to do it would be to present real, shocking information but present it sarcastically, trying to imply that you are lying.

Then - they laugh when they find that they were fooled by the entire concept of April Fool's Day. 8)
haha..that's a good idea. so when i tell you that Motoko will actually be played by Sarah Jessica Parker...haha!
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Oh the thing with the capitals spread through the story is genius, I like it :D
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...