23%
GITS Manga Motoko
25%
GITS SAC Motoko
52%

Total votes: 52

Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:I'd say the closest I've seen to the manga-Motoko on TV would be in the old PlayStation game. (Maybe I'll try to add some video to the main site, if I can get the file size down.)
I remember those. The cutscenes of that game were pretty good for an old console. Too bad they don't make mini movies like those much anymore.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

The GitS PS1 game Motoko was probably one of the sexiest versions she's ever had. Especially in the one shot of her from the opening for the game, that was eventually transformed into the Motoko - Hard Disk figure. :P GAWD so hot.

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

marto_motoko wrote:The GitS PS1 game Motoko was probably one of the sexiest versions she's ever had.
amen to that :P
For she had often seen a cat without a grin, but never a grin without a cat
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Chesire Cat wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:The GitS PS1 game Motoko was probably one of the sexiest versions she's ever had.
amen to that :P

Especially in that scene where her arms are wrapped around her body as the camera slowly climbed up to her panting face.... :oops: *needs alone time*

Just kidding, just kidding!

mm :gabu:
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

marto_motoko wrote:Motoko - Hard Disk figure.
Do you have any shots of that figure? Google Images is being a pain in the proverbial seating pad.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Saito wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:Motoko - Hard Disk figure.
Do you have any shots of that figure? Google Images is being a pain in the proverbial seating pad.
Here you go, good fellow. :3

Isn't she a beauty? Valued at 300+ dollars, this one's a bit out of my range at the moment as well.

Grr....she and that damn Innocence: Type Motoko box.....>.<'

mm
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Aye, I thought it was that one, results in Google Images are a bit erratic to say the least.

This is a full set of pictures of it:
http://www.pbase.com/jayden63/motoko_kusanagi

The paint is a bit loud (and slightly badly done) for my tastes, but the idea is there and in spades. It's a beautiful, beautiful piece of sculpture. Wonderfully poignant and really rather sensual almost. The bizarre fusion of technology and the human form (and what a human form) is also so Shirow... I can see why its so sought after.

I also found a stonking video on da Tube of the PS1 game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uCF3VGr_yI

Tons of cut scenes and I agree, again, yes she looks quite wonderful in the animated sequences, and she's got that rather sassy attitude she had in the Manga too that adds to the appeal :)

I'm curious, do you know when this sculpture was first issued? The plugs in the back are SO much like the ones in the The Matrix, I wonder if The Bro's and/or Geoff Darrow took some inspiration from it?
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Actually, the matrix creators openly admitted to using GitS as inspiration, as well as directly taking many of the scenes from the anime and putting them in their movie with slight (and sometimes no) alterations.

The paintjob on that one is just LAWLZ. :D :P Otherwise, the figure's great.

I'm fairly certain that the release date for it was early 1999, maybe even late 1998. :? Can't quite put my finger on it.....

As for the matrix thing, here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tF7TL0Qh4

'nuff said....

mm
Saito

Post by Saito »

marto_motoko wrote:Actually, the matrix creators openly admitted to using GitS as inspiration, as well as directly taking many of the scenes from the anime and putting them in their movie with slight (and sometimes no) alterations.
*cough* grandmother *cough* *cough* sucking eggs *cough* *cough*

:D ;) :P :gabu:
marto_motoko wrote: The paintjob on that one is just LAWLZ. :D :P Otherwise, the figure's great.

I'm fairly certain that the release date for it was early 1999, maybe even late 1998. :? Can't quite put my finger on it.....
Hmm, maybe a little late to be cited as a direct influence I guess, but still it illustrates more parallel thinking between the two.

You're right, there's something about it, the form of the body and the pose that just oozes sensuality, but it's on a much more subtle and well thought out way. Not like most bawdy anime figures in bikinis and short skirts, I really find those bordering on the distasteful because most of them look about 12 years old.
marto_motoko wrote: As for the matrix thing, here:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tF7TL0Qh4

'nuff said....
Yep, some of the parallels are astoundingly close. I think the way they went about the films was very ambitious and the first film achieved things no Hollywood film had ever done before. It's shame the sequels sucked so much, I think in some ways they broke the illusion a bit by being too ambitious and actually pushing the boundaries too far. The original film is practically seamless, the sequels are not.

Anyhoo, enough of my cyberbabble.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

Speaking of GitS inspiration, the worst looking "Motoko" has gotta be Britney Spears' anime alter-ego. :shock: Has anyone else seen that music video? I forgot the title, but it had Ghost in the Shell rip-off plastered all over it. Only this time it had "Britney" prancing around in the Major's shoes. Ughhh. Perish the thought.

Oh and on a side note, I'll be damned if this is anything even remotely similar to what Hollywood has in store for us.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Major Britney???!!!!

:shock:

* falls over *
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Saito

Post by Saito »

Risking almost guaranteed permanent deafness and scarring to the eyballs, I bring you the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNi_VC4nJno

It's not that bad actually. I suppose you've got to do something when the great and good of the public eye has a judged you (incorrectly, as ever) to be overweight and ugly.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I actually don't mind the video, I found it better than her Gimme Gimme More video....>,< Blegh!

Anyway, onto Ghost in the Shell, and may we please never again involve Britney and Ghost in the Shell in the same conversation.

Agreed?

mm
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

Saito wrote:Risking almost guaranteed permanent deafness and scarring to the eyballs, I bring you the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNi_VC4nJno

It's not that bad actually. I suppose you've got to do something when the great and good of the public eye has a judged you (incorrectly, as ever) to be overweight and ugly.
True that. She has been getting a little too much whack from the media about anything and everything. Still, I'd rather that she and Ghost in the Shell stay ummm... mutually exclusive? :P ghak
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Does anyone think that the Motoko from MMI in her teenage years with that sexy short black dress on was just the hottest thing since the Nova that is our sun? Honestly, I was drooling all over the place! O.O'

mm