Sorry Guys.

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Jeni Nielsen

Sorry Guys.

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

I'm really sorry to say this, but I'm officially unable to continue moderating this forum. As much as I would like to stay here and delete spam, I've been increadibly sick over the past week and I can no longer devote the time needed to cleaning up the spam that accumulates around here.

Jeff has made it clear to me that he no longer makes this forum his priority, and while I'd like to stay around and try to keep up appearences, there's no way I can keep sticking my fingers in the holes in the dam trying to staunch the inevitable colapse of this place. It seems likely that none of the changes I've proposed will ever happen and there are only so many things I can do to bother Jeff and get him to do his part. I feel completely lost, and I wish I could have done more to keep this place alive. Unfortunately spending an hour each day here can't be my priority any more and I am deeply sorry.

The best I can hope for is that one of you will start a new forum with better software and restart the wonderful community that has developed here. Please let us know if and when such a community is restarted. If Jeff does make some changes on his end I'd be glad to come back and hang out with all of you again.

Sorry that I couldn't do more. I don't know whether or not you will understand how hard this is for me to do, since I've spent a lot of my time here trying to keep this place afloat. But there comes a time when a person has to say "enough is enough" and for me, this is that time.

Thanks for all of your wonderful thoughtful posts. I hope you will all continue to love Ghost in the Shell and be curious and thoughtful in your lives. Feel free to email me and keep in touch.

Thanks for everything guys, and I'm so so sorry that I couldn't do more.
-Jeni Nielsen
jeni.nielsen@gmail.com
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yeeep.

I did in fact bring this on myself, and on ourselves, by not being around and being slower than slow in getting around to trying to fix the boards. I've been puttering around tonight fixing a bit here, a bit there, deleting spambots, adding a board mod to try to keep out the spambots ...

It's probably too little, too late, but I'll be looking into various ways to keep things "cleaner," which may very well be to pass the Boards on to a group of you who may be better able to host and maintain it.

My deepest apologies.

Jeff
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Yeeep.

I did in fact bring this on myself, and on ourselves, by not being around and being slower than slow in getting around to trying to fix the boards. I've been puttering around tonight fixing a bit here, a bit there, deleting spambots, adding a board mod to try to keep out the spambots ...

It's probably too little, too late, but I'll be looking into various ways to keep things "cleaner," which may very well be to pass the Boards on to a group of you who may be better able to host and maintain it.

My deepest apologies.

Jeff
I know it's kinda silly to have this topic unlocking thing going back and forth and all, :) but I just wanted to say, you really have nothing to be apologizing for. You were doing the best you could, and I'm glad to see you're following through now. Who knows, at the rate things are going I'm most likely going to hop over to the new boards and be a new moderator anyhow.

Know that I don't blame you for this sittuation, even if it seemed like I was getting a little frustrated at you in other posts. I understand that you could only do so much, and that's fine. :)

As to everyone else, thanks for your support, and I'll hopefully see you in the future.

-Jeni