The Catcher in the Rye

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Before you go out of your way to voice your vexation, please remember that your no longer a moderator. Therefore your reactions to my comments are just as irrelevant as my comment. Forum-Nazi's are just as unpleasant as rule-breakers.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

holdenmcclure wrote:Before you go out of your way to voice your vexation, please remember that your no longer a moderator. Therefore your reactions to my comments are just as irrelevant as my comment. Forum-Nazi's are just as unpleasant as rule-breakers.
Ok sorry. I think I just overreacted to the fact that you're new here and you haven't gotten used to the way this forum works yet. "Just give it time and you'll get responses to your posts" is what I was really going for. :oops:

And you're also right that I haven't really gotten my head out of moderator mode. Guess that's something I'll have to work on... anyhow back to the topic at hand.

I'm trying to remember when exactly I read Catcher in the Rye for the first time. I think it must have been around 7th grade or something like that. In any case it's hard to say I liked the book since I had to read it for school. That's the problem with most school reading for me, I could be reading the best book in the world and it would still be a pain in the butt and no fun to read. So I guess in a way you and I had the same reaction for different reasons. :D
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

holdenmcclure wrote:Before you go out of your way to voice your vexation, please remember that your no longer a moderator. Therefore your reactions to my comments are just as irrelevant as my comment. Forum-Nazi's are just as unpleasant as rule-breakers.
Forum Nazi :evil: You weren't around when she worked her butt off every day trying to keep this place alive. I think you should probably take time to get to know people a little before throwing around statements like this one.
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

This is all a little out of place, perhaps. Let's avoid this type of confrontation and go back to discussing the we have always done so far.
Oh well.
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Epiphany wrote:Forum Nazi :evil: You weren't around when she worked her butt off every day trying to keep this place alive. I think you should probably take time to get to know people a little before throwing around statements like this one.
I respect the things that Jeni has done for this Forum. However, this does not validate aggressive or demeaning conduct. I don't have to be a senior member in order to be respected.
Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Ok sorry. I think I just overreacted to the fact that you're new here and you haven't gotten used to the way this forum works yet. "Just give it time and you'll get responses to your posts" is what I was really going for. :oops:
I'm sorry for using the term "Forum-Nazi". Its just a forum term that means "strict", not any of the other numerous implications :roll: . I think I misinterpreted your meaning because I had read other posts from you that seemed to indicate a sort of pattern in behavior that seemed aggressive. I wasn't trying to escalate or anything. Now that that's out of the way, I would sure hope that someone can string together this loose tangent and answer my damned question!
BabyHipster

Post by BabyHipster »

I also started reading Catcher in the Rye after watching the first season. I fell in love with the book instantly. As for other reading, it is hard to go wrong with J. D. Salinger in general. Two of the stories in it have already been mentioned but his "Nine Stories" are all brilliant.[/i]
I am not the "I" that I was nor am I the "I" that I will be. Only a common past and DNA connect "I" to I. That is what I think now, tomorrow's "I" might have a different opinion.