Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

I've been assuming she's an actual kitty. Cats totally use the internet while we're not looking, NS.

(>.>)
(<.<)

...welcome to the forum GP, hope you enjoy your time here and please try not to feed the philosophy board trolls -they bite :)
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
GP

Post by GP »

Elmo wrote:try not to feed the philosophy board trolls -they bite :)
Ah...that's no fun. 8)
Falling away from the past...but it's following...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Elmo wrote:I've been assuming she's an actual kitty. Cats totally use the internet while we're not looking, NS.

(>.>)
(<.<)

...welcome to the forum GP, hope you enjoy your time here and please try not to feed the philosophy board trolls -they bite :)
Guys I'm pretty sure Tonks already introduced herself. Just go look a few pages back. :)
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Yep, thanks Jeni, All answers are revealed a few pages back.
(psst elmo, don't tell everyone about us kitties on the internet, the people will start unpluging thier computers... ever try to hold a plug without a thumb...)

douyang,
see I thought your name did sound Chinese, but I didnt recognise it so I thought it might mean something special.

Its a cool name. :D
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
jerryku

Post by jerryku »

Hello all,

I used to post all the time on the Production IG forums as "jerryku". I just stumbled upon this site by Googling for GITS fan sites, and I'm glad I did, cuz it really fills the gap for me :)

My name is Shih-Chieh offline and I live in San Francisco, USA. I'm 25 years old. I was recently hired by EA Games to be a game tester and can't wait to start that job. I'm studying Audio Production and hope to become a Sound Designer for video games some day. I'm the world's first video game mercenary apparently, too, and you can see my blog here. If you play lots of online computer games, let me know so we can play together :)

Anyone else here from the Production IG forums? There was a big "interpretation of the Innocence movie" thread there, and I put a long post there that I was proud of. But since the forum went down, I've lost that post and would really like to see it again. So if anyone has that page saved somewhere, let me know please! :)
DJ Neo

Hi

Post by DJ Neo »

Hello I'm new here (hope to become a regular.) I go by DJ Neo or DJ Neo XL on many other boards, my real name is Deacon.
It's soo frickin' cool that I finally found a forum devoted to GITS (I've been looking fo one forever.)
I'm 28 y/o. I live in a small town in Ohio where nothing ever happens. I'm a garbage man and own my own company along with my dad, but I don't make much money because of accumilated depts on credit cards, I decided to start spending every penny I make on GITS merchandise because well I'm obsessed.
The first anime I saw was Ninja Scroll when it first came out (early 90s) and then I saw Akira, then Ghost In The Shell, seeing those back to back within a short span of time blew my mind and started my obsession with anime and Japanese culture. GITS was always my favorite thing but there wasn't anything new coming out for such a long time, but now with SAC and the internet I can get a crap load of stuff here in the US and imported from Japan.
Other things I like... Hong Kong action movies, Japanese movies, manga, Anime: Samurai Champloo, FLCL, X/Tokyo Babylon, Cowboy Bebop, and many others. I'm also a huge fan of Ayumi Hamasaki, although I only have a couple of her albums (not enough money to devote to her.) I'm also obsessed with Tokyo and would love to go there some day.

Well that's enough for now, glad to be here and can't wait to meet everyone.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Elmo wrote:Cats totally use the internet while we're not looking
jeez! no wonder i'm always winning bids for cat-nip toys on ebay that i never placed....
jerryku wrote:I'm the world's first video game mercenary apparently, too, and you can see my blog here.
dude, that's so enterprising...sweet...like a virtual ronin.

welcome everybody!!
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

please try not to feed the philosophy board trolls -they bite
I am not a troll. Who said that? How do you know I'm a midget? :?
rcog3

Post by rcog3 »

Hi everyone.

my bland nick comes from my initials (I usually use only rcog, but did have some problem with registration). I am a computer science student and spend most of my offline time doing tai chi.

Stumbled on the gits movie some years ago. I gave a try to the first SAC season recently. I especially like how the creators dare to put interesting subjects at the risk of confusing the audience at the first listening. That makes very rich stuff. I don't have any genre (not especially an anime fan) preference, as long as I can learn something from it.

Besides computer related stuff, my interests go from philosophy and sciences (mainly psychology and physics) and history, just for the sake of knowing a lot of (more or less useful) stuff.

I have been known to overthink things and bring unilateral arguments in the past, so forgive me if I still do sometimes. I came here to broaden my perspectives and challenge my ideas, after all.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

rcog3 wrote:Hi everyone.

my bland nick comes from my initials (I usually use only rcog, but did have some problem with registration). I am a computer science student and spend most of my offline time doing tai chi.

Stumbled on the gits movie some years ago. I gave a try to the first SAC season recently. I especially like how the creators dare to put interesting subjects at the risk of confusing the audience at the first listening. That makes very rich stuff. I don't have any genre (not especially an anime fan) preference, as long as I can learn something from it.

Besides computer related stuff, my interests go from philosophy and sciences (mainly psychology and physics) and history, just for the sake of knowing a lot of (more or less useful) stuff.

I have been known to overthink things and bring unilateral arguments in the past, so forgive me if I still do sometimes. I came here to broaden my perspectives and challenge my ideas, after all.
I'm glad that you're here to open your horizons. The philosophy section's a great place to test your ideas and see if they hold water. It's a bit intimidating, but everyone's really good about backing up their opinons and stuff, and er yea anyhow... Nice to meet ya! If you have any questions about how this place works just PM me. I really don't bite. :)
geckochan

Post by geckochan »

I just found this place last night, and registered on the spot since it seems nice and active ^_^
I'm in BC Canada (at the moment at least), and while I like doing a lot of things, school pretty much keeps me busy 24/7 - I'm in my last year of a bachelor of fine arts, working mostly in illustration, photography and video, with creative writing and literature on the side. In my non-existent free time I read and sew and, uh, watch anime (but thanks to shows like GitS, I don't think I'm any stupider for it ^_^). I tend to use the same screenname everywhere, including cosplay.com, where I may or may not have some GitS cosplay photos going on....>.> ....<.<
Nice to meet you ^_^
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hello, nice to meet you!

I had a look at your cosplay because I am nosy :) ...Wow, you must be great at sewing! I don't really know the Naruto characters very well (it isn't my thing), but the Sakura costume you made is so very, very beautiful! Especially fun Motoko wig and visor too- it looks cool. Now I want to see some photos of Lenne as I bet it will look good, too (I love Lenne's costume)!

I want to cosplay too! Especially before I get (*ulp*) ollllldddd :evil:... But I can't sew and I don't go to any conventions (the only one I've been to is Nan Des Kan... I want to go to Otakon, Wonderfestival, or the Tokyo Game Show and dress up as a fighting game character- ah, wouldn't it be so awesome?). Hint, Jeff; please take me on holiday to one of those conventions in the next couple of years :wink:

Anyway, you should give a link to your cosplay page here if you want- I think the GitS fans will like it.
geckochan

Post by geckochan »

Thank you Silphisonic! ^_^
That would be fun - fighting games have some great designs in them! (I wouldn't mind doing something from Guilty Gear or Soul Caliber sometime)
And will do! For those who feel like doing less sleuthing than Silphisonic, here's my gallery:
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?member=44308
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

HI everyone. I'm Jordan ( Not the country, thats spelled different )
I'm new to amine but now totally addicted. Like a few others here. It's adult swims fault.

Part time college student. ( majoring in trying to figure out what i want to major in )

I just started playing around with some 3-D graphics programs. ie. poser, maya, lightwave and rhino. Seems to be something I wouldn't mind doing for a living.

I do sometimes ask stupid questions ( Yes there are stupid questions. I will prove that on occasion. )

Came across the site and loved it. Lots of good info and opinions floating around here.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Epiphany wrote:HI everyone. I'm Jordan ( Not the country, thats spelled different )
I'm new to amine but now totally addicted. Like a few others here. It's adult swims fault.

Part time college student. ( majoring in trying to figure out what i want to major in )

I just started playing around with some 3-D graphics programs. ie. poser, maya, lightwave and rhino. Seems to be something I wouldn't mind doing for a living.

I do sometimes ask stupid questions ( Yes there are stupid questions. I will prove that on occasion. )

Came across the site and loved it. Lots of good info and opinions floating around here.
It's weird to say, but I guess since your name is sorta similar to Tiffany I thought you were a girl. XD

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or issues just let me know through PM.